Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does TU update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does TU update?

Does any one have any idea when transunion updates reports? My utilization has gone way down and my EQ jumped 34 points but TU hasn't updated yet. I am waiting on this improved score to complete the homebuying process with FHA. TU is/was my middle score and I need it to update before pulling CRs again.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When does TU update?

TU doesn't update, rather it's the TLs on your CR that do the updating. Credit card companies, for example, will most usually (w/ a few oddball exceptions like HSBC) update your CRs within a day or two of the statement date and will report the balance you had on the statement date. EX and EQ seem to be quick, but TU will usually lag behond a day or two or so.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thats what I am seeing llec. Both my experian and equifax are reporting the new balances and have been for about a week. But transunion has not updated anything yet.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They are just a little slow. I've seen as much as a week delay on some of my TLs. And it certainly varies. My Amex, for example, almost always updated within a day or two from the statement date on EX and EQ with a dew days lag on TU. This month, however, it updated on TU first, then EQ a day or so later and now 2+ weeks later, it still hasn't updated on EX. I've found that the TL updated on TU faster if they pulled TU (e.g. my Barclays updates on TU before the other two).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to not spend the money to check the FICO score again but I did it any way. Score is up 40 points!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Message 5 of 7
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

Sweeeet. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

YAY!!

My TU report is the last to show my current changes, it can be frustrating and a few times I have paid for a report thinking surely by then it has updated, and nope..nothing!  I have a couple monitoring services but they all seem to not be alerting me lately of anything - but thanks to my constant purchse of a report I am able to see the items falling off and or updating like i was expecting.

Glad your's updated!!!  YAY!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.