cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does your credit score begin to increase? Credit building advice.

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: When does your credit score begin to increase? Credit building advice.

Message 11 of 14
Faith216

Quick update and maybe some helpful advice from you. I got back a couple of successful PFD responses but, I ended up talking to a creditor that said it is against the law. What do I say in response to this? Is it illegal...can the OC just pull it from the creditor?
Starting credit score 521 with 10 negative collection account. As of 9/24/13 credit score is at 687
Message 12 of 14
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

No, it is not illegal.  The law states that IF they report they must report accurately.  It does not state that they HAVE to report.  Just take a look at the rebuilding forum and you will see all kinds of PFD and GW success stories.

Good luck!

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 13 of 14
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Faith216 wrote:
Quick update and maybe some helpful advice from you. I got back a couple of successful PFD responses but, I ended up talking to a creditor that said it is against the law. What do I say in response to this? Is it illegal...can the OC just pull it from the creditor?

Hi Faith216, you can ask the OC to pull the account back and pay them. Once the account is retracted from the CA, the CA MUST delete their tradeline. If the OC is reporting they will just update to show a $0 bal. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.