Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is YOUR rebuild complete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When is YOUR rebuild complete?

Mine is more like a build - never had decent credit until now. All but 3 paid/settled collections on experian, 2 settled cc's from 5 years ago, and a few lates are off my reports now and I have credit cards x2 for more than a few hundred dollars and I was just approved through underwriting for a zero down mortgage.

About 2 years ago I had 22 collections. I was hoping to hit 580 to get an FHA loan. Then they upped it to 620 on me. Ha! Mortgage scores are now hovering close to 720. 

I'm going to work on getting removals on as many baddies as I can, add a cc or 2, pay everything on time, and watch my scores rise some more but I feel like the build/rebuild part is nearly complete and at least complete enough for my family to benefit substantially.  That's the part that really matters to me anyway.

To the OP, thanks for posting. 

Message 11 of 14
Sanjo812
Contributor

I have one derog, that was turned into a paid charge off Jan 2017, so I'll have to be patient, keep my utilization low and make the most of what I have as well as good offers that come my way. 

Eight Twelve Consulting
Message 12 of 14
EW800
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Mine is complete and has been for some time. My last negative was wiped away in Jan 2015 and my score is north of 770 so officially I am done. I stick around to help out others with what I have learned and play whack-a-mole with trolls. Smiley Wink

So thankful that you have stuck around, gdale!  You are needed and appreciated here!  

My rebuild will not be complete until late summer or early fall of 2018, so I have roughly 14-16 months to go, depending on how much luck I have with EE at that time.  My rebuild is complete now as far as my belief that I have already done everything I possibly can.  I just need to wait out the clock.  I have GW'd a couple of small lates away and have brought Util down to nearly nothing, however I have a foreclosure and a CC settlement from 2011-ish that just need to wait out the 7 year clock.  I cannot imagine all the GW'ing in the world will every help either of these go away.  

This forum has been such a blessing, as it helped me get my profile as clean as it can possibly be under the circumstances.  Like gdale, I fully plan to stay around here in hopes of helping or inspiring others, as well as the fact that I am somewhat addicted to the topic of credit rebuild/repair and maximizing scores.  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 13 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

My rebuild will be finished when my Bk drops off. I was discharged in Jan 2009 (filed Sept 2008) so next year will be my year. My goal is to get to gDale's score Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.