cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the best "time" of your Statement Period to PIF in order to Boost Credit Score

tag
annie_mae

When is the best "time" of your Statement Period to PIF in order to Boost Credit Score

I am in the process of building my credit history/score. I've been paying my current card off in full each month, sometimes twice a month.

I believe I've been going about it wrong tho. I do believe the Credit Bureau has been stating $0 Balance. The way I understand

I belive I should be showing a small balance, not to exceed 30% of my Available Credit Limit. I've just been working so hard to build that

I think I'm jumping the gun and PIF too soon. I'm just unsure if I should wait....log on to my account and check my statement for a Balance before paying.

This last statement showed $0 Balance and $0 Min due before "x" date and $300 available Credit.

Could someone please enlighten me with their expertise? 

TIA! 

Smiley Happy

Transrisk: 521 ; Vantage: 623
Cap1 Secured: $300 (since 3/12 - Never paid interest-PIF Mthly); Sears MasterCard (New): $400: Comenity (New): $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

Re: When is the best "time" of your Statement Period to PIF in order to Boost Credit Score

I am not an expert on this, but I think the idea is to have a much lower balance - i.e., 1% - 5% utilization.  So 30% might be too high.  with a credit limit of $300, you need to show some activity - maybe spend about $20 a month and pay it off.

HTH - Oy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.