annie_mae

When is the best "time" of your Statement Period to PIF in order to Boost Credit Score

I am in the process of building my credit history/score. I've been paying my current card off in full each month, sometimes twice a month.

I believe I've been going about it wrong tho. I do believe the Credit Bureau has been stating $0 Balance. The way I understand

I belive I should be showing a small balance, not to exceed 30% of my Available Credit Limit. I've just been working so hard to build that

I think I'm jumping the gun and PIF too soon. I'm just unsure if I should wait....log on to my account and check my statement for a Balance before paying.

This last statement showed $0 Balance and $0 Min due before "x" date and $300 available Credit.

Could someone please enlighten me with their expertise? 

TIA! 

:smileyhappy:

Transrisk: 521 ; Vantage: 623
Cap1 Secured: $300 (since 3/12 - Never paid interest-PIF Mthly); Sears MasterCard (New): $400: Comenity (New): $500
Regular Contributor
Oyiwaa

Re: When is the best "time" of your Statement Period to PIF in order to Boost Credit Score

I am not an expert on this, but I think the idea is to have a much lower balance - i.e., 1% - 5% utilization.  So 30% might be too high.  with a credit limit of $300, you need to show some activity - maybe spend about $20 a month and pay it off.

HTH - Oy

Starting Score: USAA-FACO(10/2012) - EX=498 / EQ = 498 / TU = 508
Recent Scores:
myFICO - Jun-2013: EX=595 / EQ = 582 / TU = 649
myFICO - Nov-2013: EX=634 / EQ = 649 / TU = 666
LenderPull - Nov-2013: EX=682 / EQ=649 /TU=687

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

WALLET (Secured):  Capital One: $700  --- WellsFargo: $300 --- CapitalBank: $300

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+