cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is this suppose to come off my credit report?

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

When is this suppose to come off my credit report?

Am I reading this right, it should drop off my of credit report 3/2014? If it doesn't can I request it to be taken off my credit report since it would be past the SOL in Texas.

Thanks for the help.

Comenity Bank/AVENUE

PO Box 182789
Columbus, OH-432182789

Account Number:

XXXX

PAYS AS AGREED 

Account Owner:

Individual Account. 

High Credit:

$228  

Type of Account :

Revolving

Credit Limit:

$100  

Term Duration:

Terms Frequency:

Monthly (due every month) 

Date Opened:

04/01/2006  

Balance:

$0  

Date Reported:

05/01/2009 

Amount Past Due:

Date of Last Payment:

03/2007 

Actual Payment Amount:

$20  

Scheduled Payment Amount:

Date of Last Activity:

03/2007 

Date Major Delinquency First Reported:

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Activity Designator:

Transfer/Sold

Charge Off Amount:

Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount:

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

10/2007 

Type of Loan:

Charge Account 

Date of First Delinquency:

N/A

Comments:

81-Month Payment History

No 81-Month Payment Data available for display.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: When is this suppose to come off my credit report?

According to what is listed, that account is in good standing, 0 balance and pays as agreed.  There is no DoFD and says NA where it would be.

It will stay for up to 10 years from date closed.

Your state SOL has nothing to do with how long something can be reported to the CRAs.  State SOL is for bringing lawsuits.

Message 2 of 6
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Should I ask for GW since it has transfer/sold? I really don't remember paying this bill but it shows I did so that is great.
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cjane1 wrote:
Should I ask for GW since it has transfer/sold? I really don't remember paying this bill but it shows I did so that is great.

Why you want it removed? It is showing as a positive a TL. Transfer/sold means the TL was transferred to another lender. 

Message 4 of 6
titanofold
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@cjane1 wrote:

Why you want it removed? It is showing as a positive a TL. Transfer/sold means the TL was transferred to another lender. 

+1

It's a positive TL. Removing it would hurt you instead of help you.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting of $0 balance by the creditor, when accompanied by the statement that they have sold the account, does not imply a $0 debt on your part.

It only states that there is no longer a debt owed to them.

The account may show no derogs but it is not, in my opinion, a totally positive account.  It still begs the potential question of what happened to the debt after it was sold.

The new owner can, at any time, report a collection to the CRA on any debt that is delinquent and unpaid.  So if the debt is in fact unpaid, there may be someone out there who may choose to pursue its collection.

As for removal of the reported account itself, CR exclusion only applies to individual adverse items of information reported under the account.

The account shows no adverse reporting, and thus CR exclusion does not apply to anything that is now reported.

The OC account would only be deleted if the creditor voluntarily reports its deletion, or if the account has been closed for approx ten years, and the CRA exercises its housekeeping deletion as an old account they wish to purge from their records.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.