cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it rain, it pours!

tag
WoodyBlues

When it rain, it pours!

Ive been rebuilding my credit for 2 years.  Today, I wake up to find out my Experian Fico Score dropped 22 points.  

Here is the story:

I have a car financed thru United Federal Credit Union.  A few months ago, I noticed a disbursement on my account for almost $8000.  My payment had changed as well up to almost double.  Come to find out, I had switched insurance companies, and my new company had failed to send proof of insurance.  I faxed it in immediatly.

Fast forward a month:

My wife and I were meeting with a builder.  Knowing my credit wasnt "quite" there, we decided to at least meet and start planning to determine what we needed to do.  They soft pulled my credit and my car payment was still showing as double the normal payment, but my credit score was unaffected.  I immediatly called the credit union, and was told it should be fixed by Monday.

2 weeks go by:

I let me payment go a couple weeks past the due date waiting for them to adjust the minimum amout due. They never fixed it, so I called again and was told that the lady that handles that was "behind" a couple weeks but she would make an exception for me and get it fixed that day.  I paid my normal amount online.

Today:

I wake up today to find out my score had dropped 22 points.  I immediatly get on MyFico and come to find out, because I paid my normal amount, the credit union reported me as late.  I called and they said they would have to pull the phone record to determine who was at fault.  We have another appt with the Banker and Builder today, and this really takes the wind out of my sails.  I was told that they would call me this morning and let me know something, but looking at the way this was handled all along, I just dont have much faith in them that they will fix this issue.  

Its times like this I really just want to give up. Ive put so much time into rebuilding my credit from 450 to 622. And in one swift stroke, they have taken all my work away from me.  Very Depressing!

08/03/2016
Ex Fico from MyFico 622 Eq Fico from MyFico 604 Tu Fico from MyFico 676
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When it rain, it pours!

I believe until they actually change your payment and you can see the new payment online or snail mail, you would owe what is stated.  Pay the larger amount until they have it fixed to avoid any lates.  

When I traded my car in on a new one, BMW waited until the last coupld of days to pay it off.  I kept checking because I would have made another payment until they did.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
WoodyBlues

If they would have told me on the phone to pay the larger payment due to being a couple weeks behind, then I would have.  Twice I was told it would be fixed, the first time I was told by Mon or Tuesday (I called on a Thursday) and the second time I was told it would be taken care of that day.  If they pull the phone records like they said they would, they would hear that.  Im just afraid that they will come up with an excuse to not make the change on my report.  I thought about disputing it, but then that will tie up my Experian score for 30 days.  I dont know what to do.  As of this evening, the amounts have been fixed and reflect the correct payment amount.  At least they fixed that part but if they dont fix my score, this will set me back a few years.  Smiley Sad

08/03/2016
Ex Fico from MyFico 622 Eq Fico from MyFico 604 Tu Fico from MyFico 676
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a UFCU member for many years and I am sure they will make this right for you. Hang in there your score will rebound once they correct it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.