Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it rains it pours

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When it rains it pours

In 2011 I sold my car to my sister.
She let one of her friends drive it and I found out it hit someone else's car before it was transferred into her name.
So I discover I have a judgement that is not on my credit report but does appear on the county website from this.

What can I do. This will come up if I ever want to buy a house. Any one have anything I'm sitting here near bawling.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: When it rains it pours

Consult an attorney!!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am going to 100 percent fight this
Message 3 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Was the judgement paid by your insurance company?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That vehicle was no longer on the policy as it was sold to her I removed it. I was under the impression that she transferred it over later that day after we saw the notary. I am wondering if it's to late to file a motion to vacate. This happened in 2011. I have a common name and I just happened to be on the court website and I clicked on everyone case not expecting anything then I see one under my name but has my sisters bff unique name on it once u click it. I confronted them both and they are willing to cooperate
Message 5 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

The judgement is against all 3 of you? Is it paid?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not paid and is only against me and the best friend no mention of my sister
Message 7 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

First, the bestie needs to come up with the money, then I would consider calling the attorney and asking if they'll vacate the judgement for payment. Explain to him what happened and that you would rather deal with it the easy way vs going to court to have it vacated etc. If he says no, hire an attorney. Don't call until you have the money

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

She is homeless and currently wanted for theft she will never pay it's 2600 dollars. It's sad. I was excited about my rebuild it's not on my credit. I don't know if I should just give up and file bk or what
Message 9 of 15
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Just my two cents. Don't give up. And don't file BK. Just continue what you are doing with your rebuild. It is 6 years old now and you were never served with any notice either. So just continue what you are doing save some money up and once you have it, if you want to handle it then contact the county attorney.But not until you have the money in hand. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.