cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I apply for a Walmart card??

tag
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

When should I apply for a Walmart card??

I know my credit karma Fako TU score is 560 and my Equifax is 537 went down 19pts. Using the Fako I was able to get a Capital One QuickSilver card.  Came in the mail yesterday

We could really use the Walmart card as we go there all the time and I can use it and pay it off!  Just need to know what score I need to apply.

Thanks!

Starting all over again!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
dcastillo68
Regular Contributor

Re: When should I apply for a Walmart card??

I wish I could help you but I have no luck getting approved for that card.  I don't believe it's a matter of my score. My husband used to have the card and added me as an authorized user, but then they closed his account because he had bounced 1 check payment.  Now it's been so hard for me to get approved.  I hope you get it.  I don't see why not if you got approved for a capital one quicksilver.  Good luck!

Starting Score 7/15/15 EQ 562 | TU 557 | EXP 556 Current Score EQ 601 | TU 622 | EXP 632
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

I know my credit karma Fako TU score is 560 and my Equifax is 537 went down 19pts. Using the Fako I was able to get a Capital One QuickSilver card.  Came in the mail yesterday

We could really use the Walmart card as we go there all the time and I can use it and pay it off!  Just need to know what score I need to apply.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what your scores need to be, but I was declined with much higher scores than yours. I think Synchrony likes to see scores around 650 or better.

Message 3 of 21
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure what your scores need to be, but I was declined with much higher scores than yours. I think Synchrony likes to see scores around 650 or better.

Thanks. I've got a lot of work to do then LOL Hopefully I'll get it before Christmas Smiley Happy

Starting all over again!
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

Thanks!

It would help if you know you true FICO score.  If you go to the credit pulls database, it will give you an idea about the range of acceptable scores for your state.  I'd say that 620 TU would probably be the minimum, but it would only probably give you a limit of $150.  My score was near the 650 range and I was approved for $700.  Now I'm at $6000 and in a couple of months, I will ask for $10k.

Message 5 of 21
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It would help if you know you true FICO score.  If you go to the credit pulls database, it will give you an idea about the range of acceptable scores for your state.  I'd say that 620 TU would probably be the minimum, but it would only probably give you a limit of $150.  My score was near the 650 range and I was approved for $700.  Now I'm at $6000 and in a couple of months, I will ask for $10k.

Thanks.  I just got my husbands real FICO score by doing the $1 trial at Credit check total and his scores are: EX 496, EQ 512 and TU 533.  I'm doing mine tomorrow.  I know mine has got to be higher because my CK score is higher than his! LOL   I do have to say that I was happy to see his higher than CK had Smiley Happy

Starting all over again!
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kennerchick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.  I just got my husbands real FICO score by doing the $1 trial at Credit check total and his scores are: EX 496, EQ 512 and TU 533.  I'm doing mine tomorrow.  I know mine has got to be higher because my CK score is higher than his! LOL   I do have to say that I was happy to see his higher than CK had Smiley Happy

Just keep up the good work.  This time last year my TU was 583.  Today I hit 700.  Only thing I had on my profile last year was student loans and a truck payment and was trying to purchase a new truck.  Got the truck loan, but got a lot of inquires in the process.  Got a Cap 1 card last August, then Walmart last November, and from then on the rest of my profile.  Cap 1 helped boost my score 40 points and it has been improving since.  Good luck know ya'll will get there. 

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kennerchick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just keep up the good work.  This time last year my TU was 583.  Today I hit 700.  Only thing I had on my profile last year was student loans and a truck payment and was trying to purchase a new truck.  Got the truck loan, but got a lot of inquires in the process.  Got a Cap 1 card last August, then Walmart last November, and from then on the rest of my profile.  Cap 1 helped boost my score 40 points and it has been improving since.  Good luck know ya'll will get there. 

Great progress on your score sir! I'm hoping to get up around 700 by Spring 2016 so I can apply for a mortgage. My TU and EQ scores are irritating me, but good things come to those who wait!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm very new to this board as well and am gaining a lot of knowledge from here.

I have a couple of questions, first since yr screen name is Kennerchick, I was wondering are you from LA? Second question is I too am drastically working hard to get my scores up as well bc I am looking to purchasing my first home in a couple of months. I went on  the site from the credit pulls database namely whatsmyscore.org and answered all the questions given and it came up with my fico score estimate to be btwn 670-720. And since I am trying to add to my tradelines which I only have one card at the moment which is through USAA secured I wanted to see where I stand before I take the leap to apply for the Walmart card. Do you think that this is a good place for me to start as far as getting an idea about my estimated range without it actually doing a hard pull?

I was told by Veterans United that I need to at least have 2 tradelines, and Quicken loans also gave me the same advice.

My scores as of today are tu=581,EQ=565, EX=628

Also, I just opened the secured card with USAA end of may 2015 and used 90% of it, but now am at 30% utili. but it has not been reported yet, just the 90% has so I'm waiting on the update concerning my util.

What do you think? It's best to wait???????

Message 9 of 21
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I received a pre-approval letter in the mail for Wal-Mart when my TU score was ~620.  I applied at that point and was approved for a $300 store card.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.