cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When they don't DV....it just stays on CR indefinitely???

tag
annakathleen75
New Contributor

When they don't DV....it just stays on CR indefinitely???

Account Name: THE LAW OFFICES OF MIT
Account Number: 445XXXX
Acct Type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney
Acct Status: Closed
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 3/1/2012
Balance: $2,781.00
Terms: 1 Month
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $2,781.00
Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department
Comments: Account in dispute-reported by subscriber

Sent two Dv's to CA. Ignored both of them. Have heard NOTHING from the CA other than "disputed reported by subscriber" DV's were sent six months ago. I have read on here that they don't have a time limit to respond, they just can't collect, which they aren't trying to. However, there are three accts with this CA, the other two are for 575.00 and 412.00, so do they just stay on my report indefinitely since there is no time limit to respond, screwing me royally? Can I convince the CB's to delete due to no response? These are hospital bills for a hospital I never used, infact never even went to a hospital since 2006? Trying for a mortgage soon and this is gonna be a problem I think.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
zullyquirke
Contributor

Re: When they don't DV....it just stays on CR indefinitely???

Have you tried going through the CRA to dispute? When I would send DV's directly to the creditor often I would get no response (except when I lived in Texas), but if I reported them through the CRA my understanding is that if they can't validate the debt with the agency, they have to drop it. That may at least get you some info.

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Are you sending it to the CA or the attorney?  I would send it to the attorney.

I would also contact the hospital they are saying you owe and get something from them stating you owe them nothing.

The accounts would stay on your CR for 7.5 years from the DoFD.

Message 3 of 9
annakathleen75
New Contributor

I sent to attorney which is as I understand the CA.... So, could I fax a letter explaining the lack of validation and include the CMRRR receipts along with the dv letter sent to the attorney? I have personally seen people with no ID's walk into a hospital and get service under another name and if you knew the history of the ex girlfriend you would understand. Can't prove anything but....anyway, gotta concentrate on getting it off.

Message 4 of 9
annakathleen75
New Contributor

correction: could I fax those documents I sent to the attorney TO the CRA's....

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, you can send those to the CRA and see if they will delete.

ETA:  Yes, you can fax them.

Message 6 of 9
zullyquirke
Contributor

That's what I'd do. Along with a note saying that you've tried to get the company to verfy/validate (whichever you asked for) and they haven't been able to, so due to lack of response over a reasonable period of time you're applying to have them removed. 

Man, that's the only thing I miss about Texas. They're required to respond within 30 days or they have to delete. Nice system. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Well I live in Georgia, the attorney/collector is in Texas ... So.... Would tx law still apply? I can cite that in the letter?
Message 8 of 9
zullyquirke
Contributor

Sadly no, it only applies if you actually live in and are protected by Texas citizenship laws. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.