BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: When to App for Cap1 Prime Cards?

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:
My QS1 is more than 6 months old now. I'd love to PC to a prime card. QS1 or Venture/Venture One. Do I have to have a zero balance at the time I make the request? I'd imagine having a 99% utilization wouldn't help? Hehe. It'll be PIF in the coming weeks.

Balance makes no difference. AFAIK, they will not promote the QS1 cards - at least I have not heard of anyone successfully doing so. Just garden it and work the limit up, then combine it with your upgraded Platinum card. 

@Anonymous

I product changed a QS1 to a no fee QS without incident.

Did you have any CLI's prior to the PC? The card I tried to PC is 11 months old, last CLI was 5 months ago.

With my QS1, it started out with a $1k limit; after 3rd statement cut, I hit the luv button and increased to $2500, then another $500 increase with credit steps. I tried to PC the day after my 6th statement cut and it was a no-go. I tried again a few weeks later, and, success--upgraded to Venture One.

Yes, this closely tracks with my experience as well.

In general, we must be careful not to project anecdotal evidence as cocnclusive fact.  It is just as wrong to say "they will" as it is to say "they won't".   The true answer is often "they might".  Smiley Wink

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.