Not applicable

Re: When to App for Cap1 Prime Cards?

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So interestingly I just spoke online with an agent and was able to PC my platinum card over to a QS with no AF. However, I was unable to do so for my QS1 (which is a month older). Both have a 1k credit limit. Very odd.

The same thing happened to me OP. I was finally able to PC my QS1 a few days ago. At that point I'd had the account a few weeks past the 6 month mark. I hopped on chat Friday and was offered either the QS or Venture One. I opted for the Venture One. I would hang tight until just after your 6 month anniversary and most likely you'll get your upgrade at that point. Good luck!

Interesting - I've not heard of anyone successfully upgrading the QS1 to a no fee card.

I just did it today Smiley Happy

Well, then I'm just going to have to see If I can get my wifes QS1 upgraded....

now I wish I had saved the chat transcript Smiley Indifferent

Nope. Big fat goose egg.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed bk 6/2015 and just applied on 3/4 for venture one and Qs and got both for 5k and 3k respectively.
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PCd my QS1 to a QS in February. I'd had the card for about 18 months before I PCd it. Started off with a $1k limit, then CLI to $1.5k last February, then combined my $2k Plat into it last August, then PCd and got CLI to $5.5k in last month.

Very straight forward chat for it, although it threw me off that the representative kept asking me if I was looking for a specific offer when I asked if there were any offers available Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 31
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:
My QS1 is more than 6 months old now. I'd love to PC to a prime card. QS1 or Venture/Venture One. Do I have to have a zero balance at the time I make the request? I'd imagine having a 99% utilization wouldn't help? Hehe. It'll be PIF in the coming weeks.

Balance makes no difference. AFAIK, they will not promote the QS1 cards - at least I have not heard of anyone successfully doing so. Just garden it and work the limit up, then combine it with your upgraded Platinum card. 

@Anonymous

I product changed a QS1 to a no fee QS without incident.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:
My QS1 is more than 6 months old now. I'd love to PC to a prime card. QS1 or Venture/Venture One. Do I have to have a zero balance at the time I make the request? I'd imagine having a 99% utilization wouldn't help? Hehe. It'll be PIF in the coming weeks.

Balance makes no difference. AFAIK, they will not promote the QS1 cards - at least I have not heard of anyone successfully doing so. Just garden it and work the limit up, then combine it with your upgraded Platinum card. 

@Anonymous

Did you have any CLI's prior to the PC? The card I tried to PC is 11 months old, last CLI was 5 months ago.

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:

@Anonymous

Did you have any CLI's prior to the PC? The card I tried to PC is 11 months old, last CLI was 5 months ago.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I did. I had two CLIs since it was opened August 2014--February 2015, account combination in August 2015, then February 2016, one day before the PC to QS.

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:

@Anonymous

Can't speak for anyone else, but I did. I had two CLIs since it was opened August 2014--February 2015, account combination in August 2015, then February 2016, one day before the PC to QS.

Maybe I will give it another shot next month after it passes one year.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, I'd asked if I could PC to QS last summer (maybe June?), and it wasn't available then. I didn't ask again after that until February, so I'm not sure when it was first available for PC.

Message 28 of 31
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:

@Anonymous

I did.   I had one'credit steps' increase, and at least one CLI via request button.  The  age of the card was around 9 or 10 months at product change.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 29 of 31
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShortBus wrote:

@Anonymous

With my QS1, it started out with a $1k limit; after 3rd statement cut, I hit the luv button and increased to $2500, then another $500 increase with credit steps. I tried to PC the day after my 6th statement cut and it was a no-go. I tried again a few weeks later, and, success--upgraded to Venture One.

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.