Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to apply for a second card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to apply for a second card

I was approved for a Capital One classic with a cl of 500 in January 2015. When or should I apply for a second card. I don't need the credit ,I just want to rebuild my credit. My scores are TU 596, EQ617, EP 673

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to apply for a second card

how many CC u have now, u want at least 2-3 revolving credit and a store card wouldnt hurt too (walmart/target).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just the one Capital One Classic card. The only other credit is a mortgage

Message 3 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have just the one Capital One Classic card. The only other credit is a mortgage

One more credit card to go with the one you have and the mortgage reporting would be sufficient to build a robust credit profile. I'd go ahead and apply for the 2nd one now ... no need to wait. One you get it, you can then sit back and "garden" your credit going forward.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about your scores, or history, but I was approved yesterday for the Cap1 Platinum and was also prequalified for the Quicksilver one, decided what the hell and applied, and got it for $1k same as the platinum. Maybe try the prequalify site and see if you could possibly get it. I also got the SDFCU secured card, and Fingerhut. If you dont get approved for the revolving account with FH, you may get the Freshstart program. After I think 3-4 payments, they transfer you to the credit account.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advise and I will get a second card, I'm pretty sure I can get another Capital One card , the first one is costing me 39 year now, I pay the balance off every other week so no interest is being charged. I thought about trying for the Barclay card but not sure if a will get approved.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

From everything Ive read, Capital One is being quite generous right now as well. Go for it! Good Luck

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.