Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to close secure cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to close secure cards

Ookkkk follow up to my last question.... Again I'm a year in with my 3 secure cards. I'm planning to app for unsecured credit within the next month. My question is when should I close my 3 secure cards?!?! None of of them graduate to my knowledge..... when did you guys close the secure cards (if you had any)!?! Thanks for any feedback guys #myficorocks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to close secure cards

@Anonymous wrote:
Ookkkk follow up to my last question.... Again I'm a year in with my 3 secure cards. I'm planning to app for unsecured credit within the next month. My question is when should I close my 3 secure cards?!?! None of of them graduate to my knowledge..... when did you guys close the secure cards (if you had any)!?! Thanks for any feedback guys #myficorocks

Close them when you are able to open unsecured cards.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool thanks. I wasn't sure if needed to keep them open so my AAoA wouldn't take a hit or not that's why I asked. Thanks again
Message 3 of 5
stellar
Established Contributor

Close them after you get approved for unsecured.  Pretty sure USBank graduates, maybe call them and ask.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are closed in good standing then they'll stay on your reports for 10 years. So your AAoA won't take a hit
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.