cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my collection account be dropped off my Experian Report?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

When will my collection account be dropped off my Experian Report?

My collection account was reported since 11/2006, last reported on 08/2008. 

I have disputed it a few times.. to no avail to get it deleted. So i just have to wait..

When will it be dropped off from my Experian credit report?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CO was reported since 11/2006, last reported on 08/2008. when will it be dropped off?

You can't tell by any of those dates.  Without the DoFD it is hard to tell.  Call the CRA and ask them what the FCRA Compliance Date is.

Message 2 of 9
kchui1028
Contributor

Re: CO was reported since 11/2006, last reported on 08/2008. when will it be dropped off?

ok so that means DoFD is either on the first reported date of collection or earlier, right..

so it should be dropped off in 2013 then if it can only stay for 7 years.

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If a CA is reporting the collections the DoFD is probably earlier than when they received and reported it.  Collections can stay for 7.5 years from the DoFD but are typically removed at the 7 year mark.

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: When will my collection account be dropped off my Experian Report?

Under FCRA 623(a)(5), a debt collector cannot report a DOFD that is later than the date they received collection authority.

That is but a simple restatement of the obvious.  The definition of DOFD under section 605(c) states that it is the commencement of delinquency that preceded the collection.

Thus, reported DOFD must, by definition, precede collection referral.  No way around it.

What is the DOFD that they actually reported?

Message 5 of 9
kchui1028
Contributor

I haven't called them yet.. it's not a credit card though.

It's actually a city library card overdued fee that was later gone into collection.

Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD would be the date the material was due back at the library, as the fee they are charging is for delinquency on terms of your account.

They extended an item, not of cash, but of the property value of the item.  That commmenced a debt due to them.

Message 7 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@kchui1028 wrote:

I haven't called them yet.. it's not a credit card though.

It's actually a city library card overdued fee that was later gone into collection.

Is the CA called Unique National Collections?  If so, it will drop off your CR 1 year from the date paid.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 9
kchui1028
Contributor

nah.. it's "city of San Diego" lol LMAO

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.