cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will this collection come off my report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will this collection come off my report?

Collection on debt to: Not Reported

The collection agency "613yc00000" was hired to collect a debt of $164 originally owed to "Not Reported" on account number "XX3009".

Collection agency [?] Original balance [?] Current balance [?] Status [?] Date assigned [?] Date reported [?] Date last active [?] Date paid [?] Date closed [?] Original lender [?] Account number [?] Type of account [?] Account holder [?] Type of credit [?] Payment status [?] Largest past balance [?] Amount past due [?] Account descriptions [?]
613yc00000
$164
$0
Paid
Feb 01, 2005
Dec 01, 2008
Jul 01, 2004
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
XX3009
Not Reported
Individual
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Not Reported
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will this collection come off my report?

I don't know why it copied that way but the date it was assigned was 2/1/05, reported 12/1/08, and last active 7/1/04.  It would be great if someone could help me figure out when this is going to come off my report.

Message 2 of 10
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

7 1/2 years from the DOFD for a collection to fall off.  You can call the CRA and get the DOFD.

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add, you'd need to pull your reports directly from the CRAs to get more info. EQ will list DOFD. TU and EX will list drop off dates. Those reports should also mention the OC's name.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now on my EX it does not list a drop off date. It says under account.."collection as of June 2004" for example. Does this mean 7.5 years from this date? Thanks..
Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Now on my EX it does not list a drop off date. It says under account.."collection as of June 2004" for example. Does this mean 7.5 years from this date? Thanks..

No, it is 7.5 years from the DoFD.  Date of First Delinquency. 

Is your report directly from EX?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Just printed one off today. It has date opened, reported since, date of status, and last reported. But, no DoFD. Like I said under account history it states "collection as of june 2004." So how do I figure out the DoFD?
Message 7 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The report gives you the opportunity to dispute accounts.  Go to that account and click on dispute, or where ever the dispute button is.  When the report or account comes up it should show somewhere something that says "This is scheduled to remain until XXXX".  Once you find that date, exit out of it. 

I am not telling you to dispute, just where you can find the date.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness~ I just tried your suggestion to no avail. When I hit dispute it just showed a box with generic dispute titles and listed nothing about the account. Any other suggestions? Thanks..
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I stole this thread. I apologize OP. Anyways, I just got off the phone with Experian. They were very helpful. Also gave me my DoFD for ALL my accounts. The one I was referring to actually had a DoFD of Jan 2004..so will fall of this Jan..woohoo! Why do they have to be so secretive about these dates?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.