Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will this fall off?

tag
bb2200
Valued Member

When will this fall off?

Just wondering when this will fall off it has already fallen off my Transunion and Equifax reports, but it is still stuck on my Experian. Did it reset when I paid it off that is what I am worried about.

UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
Address: 
4615 E ELWOOD ST
PHOENIX, AZ 85040
No phone number available 
Account Number:

Address Identification Number:

This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Jul 2013. 
Date Opened:
12/2006
Reported Since:
04/2013
Date of Status:
04/2013
Last Reported:
04/2013
Type:
Unsecured
Terms:
1 Months
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual
Credit Limit/Original Amount:
NA
High Balance:
NA
Recent Balance:
NA
Recent Payment:
NA
Payment History:

APR

CO
Account History:
Charge Off as of Apr 2013

Balance History - The following data will appear in the following format:
account balance / date payment received / scheduled payment amount / actual amount paid
Nov 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Oct 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Oct 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Aug 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
May 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Mar 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Mar 2012: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Nov 2011: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Oct 2011: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Jul 2011: $3,968 / no data / no data / no data
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: When will this fall off?

Call experian using the number on your report and ask them for the date of first delinquency.  If this date is not correct, it won't fall off as soon as it should.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Not enough info to figure the CRTP of this account.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 16
ramor
Established Member

It will fall off 7 years after the date it was opened, random date. All 3 credit bureau are different and just because you tell them it fell off one doesn't mean they will take it off. They will tell you they have to follow the guidelines. Hope this helps you.

Message 4 of 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@ramor wrote:

It will fall off 7 years after the date it was opened, random date. All 3 credit bureau are different and just because you tell them it fell off one doesn't mean they will take it off. They will tell you they have to follow the guidelines. Hope this helps you.

Incorrect. It will fall off from the Date Of First Deliquency which is not shown on that report. The CRA would have that information.

Message 5 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The CRTP clock is started by the DoFD of the account.  This is when the account went into arrears and was not brought back current.  The CRTP is a maximum of 7 years +180 days from the DoFD.  Most often though, the 180 days isn't included, but it can be.

When looking at your reports.  EQ will provide a DoFD, TU and EX will list a date that it is expected to be excluded from a simple pull of your CR.  You would have to count backwards 7 years to get the DoFD.

All the CRAs should have the same DoFD and can only report the maximum of 7 years +180 days from that.  Should one of them choose to delete prior to that, then that is of their own accord.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 16
bb2200
Valued Member

Called Experian and they said January 2014. Thank you for your responses.
Message 7 of 16
ramor
Established Member

so I was correct....I was going by what the back of the report tells you. It says it will fall off 7 years after the date opened which it will show off the next month.

Message 8 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Credit report exclusion applies to individual adverse items reported under an account, not to the account itself.

The reported charge-off cannot continue to be shown under the account after 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD that preceded the charge-off.

No other date is relevant to the exclusion of the charge-off.  You need to determine the reported DOFD in order to determine the exclusion date of the CO.

Deletion of an OC account itself occurs only if the creiditor voluntarily chooses to delete the entire account, or if the CRA exercises its subjective practice of account deletion after the account has been closed for approx ten years.

Message 9 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ramor wrote:

so I was correct....I was going by what the back of the report tells you. It says it will fall off 7 years after the date opened which it will show off the next month.

No, you are not, sorry.  It is from the DoFD.  EX website will even tell you it is from when you first became delinquent and the date opened has nothing to do with when it is removed.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.