cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will you consider yourself "rebuilt"?

tag
AshCas
Regular Contributor

When will you consider yourself "rebuilt"?

When I pulled my reports back in October, I had 2 CO's, and 2CA's on my reports. I was very lucky that I didn't have too much rebuilding to do.  I was able to get both CO's and one CA removed - so the only one left is LVNV. 

My scores are EQ 715 TU 717 and EX 720 (FAKO).  I'm in great shape for a mortgage now - but still dont consider myself completely rebuilt because of that last baddie that LVNV is being stubborn about (it's paid in full, $0). 

Just curious when everyone else considered, or will consider themselves finished rebuilding

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: When will you consider yourself "rebuilt"?

All collections off and only minor badies left. Right now I have 7 bad accounts and 3 collections. I've had 1 collection removed and one more hopefully tomorrow (waiting to hear back from them). The last collection is Verizon for $109. My accounts will probably have 4 that I need to work on. 3 are in dispute and should be removed. The other four include 2 from sallie Mae (will be tuff but had good call with them this morning). That leaves the Verizon collection that is also showing on accounts and capital one auto. I need to work hard later on the Cap1 (max is 60 days). I'm rehabbed with score over 700. I'm happy once I get to 750. Duncan

(Edited: Still loving iPad autocorrect...."I need to work hard on latex on Cap1..." ugg

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Tough question. Smiley Happy

In terms of credit history? Next month the last two late payments will disappear from EQ and TU. The extent to which I've toyed with the prospect of asking again to have them removed, after being told last year's deletion was a one time courtesy, is pretty humbling, LOL! I'm gonna wait it out and have a little dignity left, LOL! I'm not buying anything major so it really doesn't matter. Smiley Happy

In terms of rebuilding? I was probably done last year cleaning up everything that goodwill, phone calls, and great advice from here could help with.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Building never stops.  I would consider myself "rebuilt" to the current extent when I had done all possible to address prior derogatory items.

Clean of all major derogs would be my primary indicator.  Then getting current balances below some arbitrary threshold, such as 20%.

Message 4 of 9
PRC
New Contributor

When I can walk into a store...apply for credit and get instantly approved for whatever amount I want.  Just like my Mama...she can walk into a store because she has a NEED not a WANT...pick it out and then apply for credit and get it instantly with the best rate possible and the best deferrment of interest they are offering. I will then consider myself "rebuilt" LOL Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@PRC wrote:

When I can walk into a store...apply for credit and get instantly approved for whatever amount I want.  Just like my Mama...she can walk into a store because she has a NEED not a WANT...pick it out and then apply for credit and get it instantly with the best rate possible and the best deferrment of interest they are offering. I will then consider myself "rebuilt" LOL Smiley Happy

+1

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 9
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

I don't know about considering my credit re-built as it see it as an ongoing thing.  I guess I will respond to when I see my self as established, or when I've arrived.  When I have no collections, student loan debt half paid 15k, 750 credit score and when all my CL average 5k.  My utilization is already good at 4.5% just reached that this past month with some nice payment action.  I'm guessing 2yrs mostly because of the collections I currently have if I can't get them PDF'd

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Message 7 of 9
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

When I get over 700 and have managed to keep utilization under 10% I will consider myself rebuilt. I have a bankruptcy on my record and accounts included in bankruptcy that are going to linger with me for several years. I've decided that instead of dwelling on what I cannot change, that I will just relax and be happy with any score over 700 and just do the right things going forward. My husband bought our house in his name, I won't be buying anything major in my name for years anyways. The only major thing I might buy in my name anytime in the next five years is another vehicle. I'm sure that my vehicle credit score is higher than my fico as I have 5-6 paid off car loans with no lates. Sure, a 700 is nothing spectacular, but, once you crack 730 you can pretty much get any store card. My husband just got a home depot card with a 729 fico that has a $4000 limit, plenty for our income level. Sure, I'd love to crack 800 one day, but once I crack 700, this becomes a hobby and not an all consuming project.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I break 800 Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.