Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Do I Begin?

tag
eeflores3
Valued Member

Where Do I Begin?

Hello ,

My credit is horrible, all of it due to poor choices in my 20's. I'm now 30 years old and I'm tired of being denied for the simplest lines of credit. I would love to have a home in a few years but my credit is no where need good enough for that. So my question is - where do i begin?

Please see the many, many things hurting my score listed below. Do I sacrifice and pay everything off? Do I try and open a new line of credit (if that is even an option)?

EXP: 554

EQ: 545

Trans: 529

Main Street Acquisiton - $7486 - reported 7/14; i was sold a lemon and after pouring a crap load of money into repairs, i let the car go. 

Enhanced Recovery (AT&T) - $1120 - date reporting as 7/16 but that is not correct. Can i dispute that?

Hunter Warfield (apartment debt) - $2556 - I've been denied many apartments because of this **bleep** debt and plan to pay on 4/15.

Portfolio Recovery (Capital One) - $403 - if i pay this off will capital one give me another shot?

My only psotive line of credit is my car and I have two back to back late payments from a year ago. 

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!!

April 2017 - Transunion: 548; Equifax: 552; Experian: 541
June 2017 - Transunion: 574; Equifax: 576; Experian: 582
 photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
 photo nynco_zpssnshgtwy.jpeg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where Do I Begin?

Collection Shield 360. Read about them in this forum and the internet.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd start with a secured card while your rebuilding. Then I'd start negotiating pay for deletes for the collections. I also second Collection Shield.
Message 3 of 5
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

You have to do a combination of both.

DOFD is the most important date you have to worry about. This date will affect if you can get sued (depending on the SOL in your state) and when it's going to fall off.

Are those credit scores from your annual credit report? The annual credit reports (which are free) will give you the most accurate fall of dates. CR's will show dates reported either as the date it was picked up by a collection agency and will update monthly. 

Capital One will give you a chance a year or so after charge off. You can pay PRA off, but they will not remove. The only way you might be able to get them off is if you have a legit complaint with the CFPB.

I would check the other ones for PFD odds within the forum and contacts to direct the requests to the right places. PFD's usually require full payments. 

Late payments (30/60 days) lose their sting 2 years post.

I wouldn't rely on outside services to do the work for you. You can do it on your own.

In the mean time I would apply for secured credit cards from places like Discover, Open Sky and your local CU. Also look into having a secured installment loan. Having 3 revolving accounts and an installment loan is your best credit mix.

Good luck with your rebuild. Just remember it takes time. Welcome to the forum.

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 4 of 5
eeflores3
Valued Member

thank you everyone! 

April 2017 - Transunion: 548; Equifax: 552; Experian: 541
June 2017 - Transunion: 574; Equifax: 576; Experian: 582
 photo CC_zps85h27qka.jpg
 photo nynco_zpssnshgtwy.jpeg
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.