cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Do I Start? Newbie to the boarb in need of advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where Do I Start? Newbie to the boarb in need of advice.

Hello Everyone! I am new to the board I have been reading the post for the past two weeks. Back in 2006 I left an abusive relationship and tried to start a life alone with my daughter. After a few months I couldnt make the bills any longer and risked losing my car. I decide to forfit my apartment but it was too late the three small cards had been sent to my CR and have a CO status. I just finished nursing school and would like to give my life and credit a new begginning.

SOL on the charges will be 2014 about 3yrs and 10 months from today. The bills are as follow:

Applied Bank -  Balance $1,101   EDOR 3/2014

Comcast sold to CA - Balance $168       EDOR 03/2014

HSBC 1 - sold to CA Balance conflicted on two reports one states  04/ 2014

$537  TU and in EX $286

HSBC 2  - Sold to CA   04/ 2014

TU shows  $525  and EX $ 263

I also have a utility bill light $ 348 EDOR 04/ 2014

A judgement for $ 2,100 EDOR Dec 2005

My question is if I was to pay them off would they  still show on my CR as paid or charged off paid. 4 yrs seems like a long wait to wait for it to fall off. But I dont want to mess with anything that will start the clock ticking again. How can I approach this the best way?

edit: I would like to try to obtain a mortgage in the next 2 yrs nothing out of this world maybe about 125K

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where Do I Start? Newbie to the boarb in need of advice.

Smiley Sad still waiting for some kind of feedback, anything please Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 3
KeepSwimming
Regular Contributor

Re: Where Do I Start? Newbie to the boarb in need of advice.

Hi Jaxlyn,

I believe they'll appear as charge offs with a $0 balance if you pay them. However, I think you're probably better sending a PFD (pay for deletion) letter. Paying them won't remove them from your credit report, but the collection agencies might agree to delete them if you pay. However, that's not standard and you'd have to get it in writing. Search these boards for PFD letters, and start sending them to see if they'll agree.

That's how I'd start, anyhow. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU: 550 EQ: 556 (pulled 6/2010)
Current Score: (pulled 4/18/11) TU: 668(pulled 4/18/2011) EQ: 741
Goal Score: Above 700 on both

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.