Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where To Finance A Scooter?

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Where To Finance A Scooter?

With $500, you should be able to find a beater with a heater or a used Japanese scooter. One of the off brand ones. I think they only go for around a grand new. Craigslist! I bought a 96 tracer off of there once for $100 with bad rear struts and wheel bearings. Ended up replacing the wheel bearings for $300 and left struts as is. Drove the car for 3 years! My wife hated when she had to drive it, but it got us around LOL
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. I was on mobile. Unable to see your signature. You need to start working on the baddies. I know that doesn't help you now. Sounds stupid, but have you tried e-bay?
Message 12 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have looked into charities, and still currently looking, but so far no luck.

My reports are as follows:

TU I have 2 baddies; one for $67 for a vet bill from 2011 that refuses to PFD, and one for over $3,000 for a medical bill from Jan. of this year.

EX: same 2 baddies as TU

EQ: TEN baddies, all medical ranging from 2011 to Jan. of this year, who refuse to remove several that I disputed because I don't believe they are mine (EQ has a SS number listed that isn't even mine, which I have disputed as well to no avail)

No BK's, current student loans all in good standing in deferrment. I started rebuilding a few months ago, and currently have the cards listed in my siggy. The Cap 1 and Discover were opened in Sept., the rest in November and December. 21 inquiries on TU and EQ due to rebuilding (and trying to find a loan), and 10 on EX.

Take the EQ disputes to the CFPB.  Include the collectors.  Ask for proof of service provided, and social security numbers.  Might be worthwhile to pursue identity theft reports. This should clear up in a month or less.  After filing the complaint, call EQ, ask to be transferred to US (use overseas folks are not familiar with CFPB regulations as a reason). Ask to be transferred to supervisor, say it is about CFPB complaint.  You will find their mood changes rapidly.  Do this with each collector included in the complaint. 

As part  of complaint, list that the debts are not yours, you have no knowledge, and describe your failures with prior disputes.  Refuse to pay, this is very important, unless verifiable proof is shown you are the patient.  This has worked for me (using the new rules laid out for portfolio, midland, and others). 

Many small collectors will say they do not PFD.  That is because it not only costs them to list, it costs them to pull.  If you list the names of the collectors, I can help (especially the medical debt you do owe).  You probably qualify for backdated charity care (it's a national program, I am still squeaking by, but this year may be my last).  If that is the case, get the apps, apply, get the bills wiped out, and have them recalled from collections.  Then, to save the collectors money, dispute the bills as not owed.  I used this for several, though I did pay a couple I didn't owe, let them keep the money.  The regular billing staff will be unfamiliar with this often, so stand your ground, apply, and then take to the administration.

Trust me, take care of the reports, the rest will follow.  DO YOU HAVE ANY LATE PAYMENTS REPORTING??

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 25
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I just looked in the general areas of Louisiana and found scooters as low as $150 needing a starter to as high as $2500. For $500-900 they had some pretty nice ones on there! $2500 for a 49cc scooter sounds excessive, especially if money is tight. For that price range I'm assuming your looking at the bigger brands. The Yamaha Zuma for instance (since you said you applied for Yamaha Financing). For $2500 you could pick up a decent motorcycle. Do some research into Chinese mopeds. They don't last as long as say a Yamaha/Honda, but they will work for you now on your budget. You said you could do $500 down so assuming that is available to you currently.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 14 of 25
stellar
Established Contributor

I just googled scooter financing and a bunch of places came up that say bad/no credit ok.  

badboyscooters

myscootermax

motorcycle loan center

try searching google

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been looking into motorcycle loans with no bad credit for months and all those places that say thry do no credit bad credit are shady or tricky. Or they'll run your credit 15 times and not even contact you with a decision. Be careful
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP where do you live? What are you able to afford per month?

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have looked into scooters for quite a while and Googled for places that finance. The places that say they finance bad creditare not located where I am--south Louisiana. There's a few dealers who do finance, of course, and I have applied to all and been denied. There are cheaper scooter alternatives--there's "TaoTao" scooters that you can buy for around $850 shipped, and I have looked into those as well. However, I was hoping to get something that will last for at least a year until I graduate, and will hold up under being used to ride everyday to work and school and clinicals, and those cheaper scooters seem to have a reputation for falling apartment in a matter of months. I'm still looking though, and may end up having to go with one of those.

Rott, I am located in Baton Rouge, LA, and I can swing maybe $150 a month max for a note, and I'm hoping to be able to pay down whatever I purchase with my income tax.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

How you transport your kid on a scooter?

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a vehicle at all right now; I ride the city bus. The scooter would be for getting to work, school, and clinical rotations; as opposed to taking the city bus, because they don't run during the early/late hours in which I need them. For typical errand running, I will continue to use the bus until I graduate and can afford to finance a good car.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.