Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I begin? Whew

tag
susanhannah
Established Member

Where do I begin? Whew

Six years ago my the husband, walked out on the children and me.  When he left he took his million dollar salary (I was a stay at home mom), cleaned out all of the bank accounts (hid all of the money off-shore) and borrowed against our home which we both owned jointly.  He opened the loan in his name only and is now paying the intereest only.  He is the executive treasurer of the bank and is also a CPA.   I divorced him a year later.  One would think life would get easier, but the man has continued to stalk and harass me and yes - has three criminal charges against him.  I also have a protective order against him too.  He signed over custody of the children who are now teenagers. He pays our son's school, but stopped paying our daughter's.  In our town, he has a deplorable reputation with the police, the ocurts, the laywers, you name it but he continues to successfully skirt around the law.  He has been able to get into my Internet account and swoop out my emails as well as make inquiries on my cell phone account.

When he left I had a 757 FICO score.  It has dropped due to my having to use credit cards to support the children.  I have a high utility but I did not have any late payments. In fact, I always pay a week early.   As I began to make a dent in my debt load, my ex used other tactics to try and harm me financially.  Since December of 2013, my checking accounts have been compromised six times!!!   I have used three differnet banks and it seems as though he finds out where I bank, and before I know it, there is either a recurring debit from some bogus company or a huge amoutn gets swiooped out and causes me several overdrafts. The banks, fortunately, have been able to detect the fraud, return the fees and provide me a letter to send to anyone who was affected by my banks freezing my accounts.  Sadly, this has caused me four 30 days late on four separate occasions.

My bank has suggested that I either pay everything by cash or use one credit card and then pay that one credit card at the end of the month.  It is obvious to the banks that he is somehow "hacking" into my accounts.  

My bank told me to write a letter to the creditors asking that they remove the thirty day lates since I had absolutely no control over the situation and resolved it immeditately and as soon as I could.  Is that really feasible or is that a waste of my time?  

My big quesiton is how do I stop this from happening again and again?  There has to be away for this to stop.

Help!!!

Susanhannah

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where do I begin? Whew

If this were I. I would go the cash route for a minute. This sounds very "Enough" like. Contact a lawyer, just ask for advice. This man needs to be put away.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

OP:  Excuse me for being blunt:  This man sounds downright DANGEROUS!  No normal person behaves in the deplorable manner.  Has he had mental health issues in the past?  Please take CARE of yourself and your children.

I would hope that due to the 'fraud' you would be able to get those lates removed.  I would write a heartfelt letter and attach a copy of the banks letter.  Did you make a police report at the time?  Attach that as well.  Do some research to find the CEO of the company and also forward copies.

Keep sending and sending.  I am assuming these lates are FOUR separate accounts? 

Do NOT give up, do NOT let him win.  Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'd purchase a pre-paid card and go that route for a bit. 

Send money orders,, pay in person (if it's local). 

Message 4 of 13
eric19k
Established Contributor

Wow.
You can protect yourself by obtaining CPN number. Contact your lawyer and he should be able to file all necessary documentation.
Do not share it with anyone but only with one bank to open a checking account.
Before that just get a prepaid card like Amex Bluebird checking alternative and use it to pay bills.
You won't have any problems in removing 30 days late if you explain it right and if documentation is submitted.

I wish you best of luck
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 5 of 13
eric19k
Established Contributor

And one more thing I forgot to mention. Do not try to get CPN number online because 90% is a scam. Just in case you decide to go this route.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 6 of 13
yfan
Valued Contributor

I think I know how he's getting into your bank accounts: he knows your social security number, and probably the answer to whatever 'secret' question you associate with your bank account. You can't change your SSN, but you can change the security question and answer so those are something your ex doesn't know. Then issue explicit instruction to your bank that they are not to release any money on any auto-debit with the social security number only. Tell them they must verify your security question and answer.

Another thing occurs to me. Are you still using the same email address as you had while  you were married to him? If so, first change its password. Then, as soon as is practicable, get a new email address and close the old account.

Message 7 of 13
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Yes, you can send a GW letter to those OC's, along with documentation you have from the bank and any associated police reports, to get those lates removed. WOW...yeah I would definitely go with a bank thats not in your immediate area or prepaid debit cards. Stop using the same email address for your banks, change security questions, and place alerts on the accts(debits cards) you do get. I would even go as far as to have a totally separate email address, password linked to ONLY important accounts, including this one, since we are providing you information on how to protect yourself. A guy like him you have to stay 2 steps ahead of. Be safe

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
nax
Regular Contributor

He could be getting your credit report. If you look at mine you can see who I carry my 3 checking accounts with.

Ive learned some things from identity theft that happened to me..

Security Tips - Mothers maiden name.... Nope use a Fake one! My "Mothers Maiden Name" is just a word I use for verification. I do not use my actual mothers maiden name because anyone who knows me, knows this info!! ( yes it was a good friend who used my identity and any idiot with an ancestry.com account can figure it out )

Pets name, street born on, teacher, childhood friend... All of it!! Create a fictional universe that your credit lives in and use those details. 

Message 9 of 13
susanhannah
Established Member

Everyone - Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I was so touched that so many people responded to me.

My ex is very scary. He has had my emails popped out and sent to two Verizon Wireless phone numbers in another state.  My Internet carrier has been "on this" for a year now.  

He has abducted one of my two children and took the child for 12 days that I had to get he National Center for Exploited and Missing Children involve and still have an active case.  My son has been completely damaged - that is another story.

The therapist has told me that my ex is a borderline and that I am the object of his attachment and he will go to all ends of the earth to destroy me.

Since he earns a million dollars a year and is in a powerful position, he is able to wrangle out of trouble even though he has a myriad of criminal charges etec.

I have moved on with my life and have a wonderful boyfriend, of two years, and we are talking about marriage one day but............ my ex just won't leave me alone.  And it is escalating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am going to write letters to all of my creditors and put money on a prepaid card for the next year.  Pay down all of my debt and when my youngest graduates high school, move on.  Does the prepaid card help your credit or is it just a glorified gift card?  Any other ideaas.

Thanks again,

SusanHannah

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.