Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I begin? Whew

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Where do I begin? Whew

You might freeze your reports also. Being a banker he can pull them any time to see what new accounts he would like to target. So, if he doesn't have that info, it might slow him down a bit. I would make new email, log-ins, passwords, security questions, cell number, opt out and lock up... everything. I know it's a chore and very inconvenient, but what you are going thru is much, much worse.

only the best of luck in all of this

Message 11 of 13
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

elim is Right!. There is normally a fee to place a freeze on your reports, to keep anyone from pulling your credit. But since you are technically a victim of Identity theft you can request this free of charge I believe. And yes...prepaid debit card is a glorified gift card. But they come with "banking" privileges now like bill pay, routing number, etc. Just minus the checks...

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
eric19k
Established Contributor

Currently I'm using amex bluebird and you can order checks, deposit checks, send money, direct deposit.
Only bad thing is atm fees.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.