cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I even start to rebuild my credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I even start to rebuild my credit?

Hey everyone! I been using this forum to build up my business credit to over $20,000. I run a 1 man trucking company. Well, i'm at the point to where I need to PG high limit bank cards but i have almost no personal credit. What can I do you start building my personal credit? 

EQ=

You now have 12 inquiries on your credit report

1 student loan (open - current - no missed payments) = $1,083/$2,083 since 2012

1 Credit card (limit $2,150 - balance=$591 27% (open - current - no missed payments) open for only 3 months [Sparks one business]

Trans = Same with only 10 inquiries

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do I even start to rebuild my credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! I been using this forum to build up my business credit to over $20,000. I run a 1 man trucking company. Well, i'm at the point to where I need to PG high limit bank cards but i have almost no personal credit. What can I do you start building my personal credit? 

EQ=

You now have 12 inquiries on your credit report

1 student loan (open - current - no missed payments) = $1,083/$2,083 since 2012

1 Credit card (limit $2,150 - balance=$591 27% (open - current - no missed payments) open for only 3 months [Sparks one business]

Trans = Same with only 10 inquiries

go to check credit total and pay $ 1 to get your 3B scores and cancel the service via email or a call.  post the #s here.  go to the Cap 1 site and see if you pre-qual for anything - it must have your name and post what they offer.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian - 676

Trans - 697

EQ - 676

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filled out the pre qualify offer and all it says is - 

justin, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.

Cap 1 platinum

quicksilverone rewards

secured mastercard

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I filled out the pre qualify offer and all it says is - 

justin, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.

Cap 1 platinum

quicksilverone rewards

secured mastercard

Apply for the Platinum, after the first statement call or log into chat and ask to have QS rewards added to the card. After the third statement request a credit limit increase. when the account hits 6 months you should get an automatic CLI - apply for a second card, either a QS1 or another Platinum. Request a CLI when the second cards third statement cuts. When the first card hits 12 months request another CLI. You should get  an automatic increase on the second card when it hits 6 months as well. Request CLI's on both at the 18 month mark, then combine the newer card into the older card. At this point you will probably qualify for a QS VISA or a Venture card (3K/5k minimum starting limits)

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck. 

Thank you for your interest.

Unfortunately, we can't approve you for this card today. Recognizing this wasn't the answer you were looking for, we will be sending a detailed email or letter within 7-10 business days to help you understand why.

Message 6 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No luck. 

Unfortunately, we can't approve you for this card today. Recognizing this wasn't the answer you were looking for, we will be sending a detailed email or letter within 7-10 business days to help you understand why.

my response would have been don't app unless you get your name in an offer.  too late now, you just wasted 3 hps.  post what the reason letter says when you get it.  read the boards before you make moves, everyone, well almost everyone knows that C1 pre-quals are near 100%

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No luck. 

my response would have been don't app unless you get your name in an offer.  too late now, you just wasted 3 hps.  post what the reason letter says when you get it.  read the boards before you make moves, everyone, well almost everyone knows that C1 pre-quals are near 100%

Its true that their prequals are good to go if it says you are good, but, personally I've never gotten luv from their prequal but have been approved multiple times, both me and the wife.

I would suggest the OP apply for a coulpe of secured cards, let them cook for a few months then try Cap One unsecured again.

Message 8 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Cap1 may want to see more History with that Spark card before they issue you another one. A conservative approach would be to open two secured cc's and be be done with it.  At that point you will have 3 cc's and an installment loan. Garden fur 6 months too a year and those 660's scores should be well in the 700's. Your more than half way there. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Cap1 may want to see more History with that Spark card before they issue you another one. A conservative approach would be to open two secured cc's and be be done with it.  At that point you will have 3 cc's and an installment loan. Garden fur 6 months too a year and those 660's scores should be well in the 700's. Your more than half way there. 

Yeah, you're probably correct there. Another 3 months with it and he may be good to go.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.