Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go? Goodwill or wait?

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Where do I go? Goodwill or wait?

I have few negative closed accounts on my credit file which I am trying to clean up. 

Back story: Last fall I got a previous HSBC account which I had paid thru RJM Acquisitions to delete their trade line after multiple letters and e-mail's to HSBC. I basically stated to HSBC that, "hey RJM Acq deleted their trade line here is a letter from them, can you please, please, please delete your trade line." They did.

Now, the current one I am working on is from HSBC.  It is PAID thru Portfolio Recovery back in 4/2013.   There are two ding's on my credit report, one from PRA and one from HSBC.  I am working my hardest to get HSBC to delete first,  that way I can go to Portfolio Recovery and say hey HSBC isnt on my account, please delete!  PRA are pretty hard to deal with.  

One question, should HSBC be reporting it as a "paid collection" on their tade line? It currently says "Charge Off  account / Transfer - sold"  PRA says Paid Collection.

And----

When will this trade line come off my credit report if I can't get HSBC to delete? 7.5 years from the date of the last payment which was 8/2009? Or 7.5 years from when I paid Portfolio recovery back in 4/2013?   I need these negatives off Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where do I go? Goodwill or wait?

Bump

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

I have few negative closed accounts on my credit file which I am trying to clean up. 

Back story: Last fall I got a previous HSBC account which I had paid thru RJM Acquisitions to delete their trade line after multiple letters and e-mail's to HSBC. I basically stated to HSBC that, "hey RJM Acq deleted their trade line here is a letter from them, can you please, please, please delete your trade line." They did.

Now, the current one I am working on is from HSBC.  It is PAID thru Portfolio Recovery back in 4/2013.   There are two ding's on my credit report, one from PRA and one from HSBC.  I am working my hardest to get HSBC to delete first,  that way I can go to Portfolio Recovery and say hey HSBC isnt on my account, please delete!  PRA are pretty hard to deal with.  

One question, should HSBC be reporting it as a "paid collection" on their tade line? It currently says "Charge Off  account / Transfer - sold"  PRA says Paid Collection.

And----

When will this trade line come off my credit report if I can't get HSBC to delete? 7.5 years from the date of the last payment which was 8/2009? Or 7.5 years from when I paid Portfolio recovery back in 4/2013?   I need these negatives off Smiley Happy 

The OC can report as a paid CA account or sometimes they say Paid was a Collection, nothing wrong with that. The DoFD sets the timeline for how long something can remain on your report there was a discussion on that whole matter over this week in another thread you started. The CA has to operate from thesame DoFD thats set by the OC.

Message 3 of 4
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

I sent a few letters to Capital One CEO Richard Fairbank, to try and get rid of my paid HSBC collection account form 2009 since PRA won't delete it. Hoping Cap one will delete then i can have leverage for PRA to delete their trade line too.  They called me back today and left a message. I will have to call them back later on and see what they can do for me. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.