Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go from here?

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Where do I go from here?

Hi all, new to the forum though ive visited and lurked from time to time the last couple years leading up to bk last year. and looking for some input from what appears to be a very knowledgeable and experienced group here on just where to go from here...

A little background. I got in way too deep ten years ago after high school, followed by a nasty divorce and some medical issues that had left me with almost 100k in medical debt and others by June of last year. At that time collections had piled up and there was no way I could see to be able to pay off those and the medical bills. I filed ch7 (by myself) May of last year and successfully had it discharged in September of last year. The only debt that I was left with following that was about 15k in student loans which are once again in deferment since I have returned to college to complete my bachelors degree (on scholarship w/ no loans!!!)

Since my bk I have done some cleaning up and have only a few negatives showing on my credit reports which include a capital one card and a 1st premiere card that were included in my bk and some lates from three years ago on my student loans and of course the bankruptcy.

I have had ALL of my collections fall off or removed from all three credit reports. (was truly a happy day when that happened)

I have no car loans or mortgages in my history, ever as I have always rented and paid in full for cars upfront.

I now have a secured Capital 1 card ($200 CL since March) and a secured discover it card ($300 CL since May) (wonderful with the fico score monthly) both of which I learned about here. In my occasional lurking and prior to membership as I really want to do things right this time. I have identity guard monitoring and myfico score watch to try and keep up on things now and budget wise I really do much better than ever before in my life.

My utilization is a little high at 50% on these I obviously hadn't read about the utilization strategies before now, I am paying those down this month and have paid these on time religiously.

Current FICOs I have are EQ 620 and TU 606.

Where should I go from here?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I go from here?

Wow, that is some great work you have done for yourself! Congrats on that. If I were you, I would try to hold out on apping for any new cards until the new year. That way you have some age on your current cards and can show a longer payment history. Actually, I was approved for a CapOne Quicksilver card with scores right around yours...so maybe give that a look in a few months?

Message 2 of 3
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Re: Where do I go from here?

It's been a long process but thanks. Even since my bk a year ago I've brought scores up substantially. I had 450 ish on all three at that time.

Right now I'm working to get my direct loans reports fixed from saying in bk and closed because they are not they are in deferment it's strange they say that but say paid as agreed also. Very confusing and they are ALL reported twice as both direct loans and as fed loan servicing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.