Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I send the letter to?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I send the letter to?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out who do I send the GW and the PBF letters to. I have one collection that I paid off from Citi Card and wanted to know should I send a letter to them or to the collection agency? Also, for the collections I haven't paid yet shoudl I send the PBF to the collection agencies or the original creditors? Lastly, I'm currently paying off another collection and I'm almost done with it. Should I just leave it alone or send them a gw letter?

Thanks a bunch.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Where do I send the letter to?

If the debt is paid and both the OC and debt collector have reported, you can send GW letters to each, adressing their individual reportings.

If the debt is unpaid and the OC still owns the debt, you can make a PFD offer to either.

A PFD to the OC would be directed only to their reporting, such as any monthly delinquencies or a charge-off.

A PFD to the debt collector would be directed only to their reported collection.

If both have reported, most consumers usually consider the collection to be the most harmful, and thus go the PFD to the debt collector route.

If the debt has been purchased by the debt collector, then any PFD would go only to them.

Addressing any reporting by the OC would then be only by way of GW requests.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I send the letter to?

Thanks for the info. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.