Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start? 2 small debts, 1 very old one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I start? 2 small debts, 1 very old one

I don't know where to start.

I have an old Chase credit card debt that's 6 years old. It's about $800 or so. The last time I made a payment on it was 6 or 7 years ago.

I have a Mercury insurance debt in collection, $91 and a Paypal line of credit that went in collection. $300 or so. Both of these are a year old.

Both of these debts, I was making payments on them but life happened and I couldn't pay anymore. They went in collection. I moved, lost track of who had my debts. Two collection agencies

For the $91, it's Credit Collection Services
For the $330, it's Portolio Recovery.

I want to pay, but I'm hoping to get them deleted as it's affecting my credit score and I want to buy a small car in the next year. I didn't know who had bought those debts until I ordered my credit report.

So far, I have contacted both collection agencies to have more information about the debts. Credit Collection Services received my letter today, (Sent certified) and Portfolio is written as 'Undeliverable as addressed' on the USPS website.

That's where I am right now in the process of fixing my credit score.

I have read about a pay for delete option and I was wondering if it's still an option. Or if you have any other advice for me. I'm still pretty new to this credit stuff and it's pretty confusing to understand. So be gentle please Smiley Happy

I was also told to not touch the Chase credit card debt as it's about to fall off my report.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do I start? 2 small debts, 1 very old one

The PFD option is still there. You also would still need to find a way to get ahold of that last one that was undeliverable. I would still try the pay for delete option, or even paying them and then trying goodwill deletion letters.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I start? 2 small debts, 1 very old one

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know where to start.

I have an old Chase credit card debt that's 6 years old. It's about $800 or so. The last time I made a payment on it was 6 or 7 years ago.

I have a Mercury insurance debt in collection, $91 and a Paypal line of credit that went in collection. $300 or so. Both of these are a year old.

Both of these debts, I was making payments on them but life happened and I couldn't pay anymore. They went in collection. I moved, lost track of who had my debts. Two collection agencies

For the $91, it's Credit Collection Services
For the $330, it's Portolio Recovery.

I want to pay, but I'm hoping to get them deleted as it's affecting my credit score and I want to buy a small car in the next year. I didn't know who had bought those debts until I ordered my credit report.

So far, I have contacted both collection agencies to have more information about the debts. Credit Collection Services received my letter today, (Sent certified) and Portfolio is written as 'Undeliverable as addressed' on the USPS website.

That's where I am right now in the process of fixing my credit score.

I have read about a pay for delete option and I was wondering if it's still an option. Or if you have any other advice for me. I'm still pretty new to this credit stuff and it's pretty confusing to understand. So be gentle please Smiley Happy

I was also told to not touch the Chase credit card debt as it's about to fall off my report.

i dont believe paying that Chase card would reset the clock as far for the fall off time but someone else will probably chime in tho....Try for that PFD route if not than pay in FULL and than start the GW letter process

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.