Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start with IC Systems?

tag
Trepierre
Established Member

Where do I start with IC Systems?

The account was from 2008 for Banfield Pet Hospital. The amount is $156. I didn't know what it was for I just called IC systems and they told me. I want to pay PIF but I'm not sure how to get it deleted. 

PIF and send GW letter?

Send the payment with a PFD letter?

Send the PFD letter first alone?

I'm not sure of the steps. I'm just starting out. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do I start with IC Systems?

Send the PFD letter, wait for their response and then send the payment. I had IC for Banfield as well. I didn't know about PFD at the time, but they deleted it after I paid it. I never had to send a GW. They may be one of the easier CAs to work with. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your two options are to either pay and request GW deletion, or offer as a condition for payment their agreement to delete.

Most will elect the PFD offer route, as their incentive to delete is much less after they have your $$.

In some circumstances, such as if you are in the middle of a mortgage app process where they are requring satisfaction of the debt as a condition for approval. payment prior to agreement to delete may be necessary.  If that is not your situation, you have time to negotiate.

If you send a PFD, do not send payment with the offer.  It is only an offer.  Bunches of legal issues can arise if you send payment, and they deposit without formally accepting your offer. 

Message 3 of 6
Trepierre
Established Member

Ok, thanks. Sounds like PFD is the way to go.

Message 4 of 6
evilarexeven

I called in a PFD and they obliged.  Make sure to get some sort of confirmation of their agreement.  I had them fax me a confirmation letter. 

Message 5 of 6
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

+1

They were by far the easiest to work with. I had a paid collection and I asked them to delete. They agreed to delete via snail mail and poof it was gone! I just mailed to the address on their website and followed up with a fax.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.