Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start???

tag
poohda23
New Contributor

Where do I start???

Hello everyone, I am in need of help with trying to my boost score.  I have several collections on my credit reports past the SOL, and will age off next year.  I also have two judgments one was paid in 2006, and the other is a state lien that I am currently repaying. I’m trying to figure out what road I should take to get my score boosted up, and where to start.  I have a student loan, a truck payment, and a bank loan that is current and in good standing.  I had no credit cards/revolving credit.  Recently obtained a Capital One Secured Card but it’s not reporting yet.  My first payment is not due until the 24th of this month.  I charged something on it, but I have already paid the bill. I really need to boost my score so that I can purchase a home this year (need 20 pts).  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Where do I start???

First welcome to our world,. Second you should have at least two revolving accounts. The judgement that was paid you could either contact the OC or attorney of OC and ask that they summit a letter to CRA's to remove since it is paid. Or if no go you can put in a motion to vacate( different states different circumstances) were you ever served properly did you go to court?  Also you need to GW all paid accts that appear on your credit report. Any that are not paid you need to do a PFD and get them off the report. Depending on the amoun ts you maybe reqiured to satisfy the outstanding accounts that are negative on your report.  You should have no recnet inq. (within a year) when you apply for a mortgage. Right before you do apply for mortgage get only one cc to report about 20$ or uynder 9% of your limit and any other cards to report to zero.  That is all of the things you can do as it seems you have a fiar mix of other credit.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 5
poohda23
New Contributor

I do not remember ever being served I started paying it before they filed the judgment.  The collection agency removed it, but I guess I need to speak with the attorney who handled the judgment on the case to get it removed.  This is for a hospital bill.  I sent out several PFD letters and only two have replied.  I paid those off one was for $40 and the other was for $15.  They reported the wrong amounts on my credit report.  I thought that maybe I should do it in rounds.  I did 5 this month already and paid two of them.  I'm just waiting to hear back from First Premier on two of them and Asset Acceptance.  Thanks for the advice.  Should I send out some more letters this month, or wait until I hear back from the last two? 

Message 3 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

You would remember if you were served. Petition the court to vacate the judgement for improper service.(no service) And YES keep sending letters every month dont wait do u think they look at your file when they are sending collection notices and say gee maybe next mon th...Send letters and phone call email until you get your dewsired outcomeSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 4 of 5
poohda23
New Contributor

I guess I need to start looking for email addresses for some of these companies.  Is it a department in particular that I would need to send the letters to?  Everything on my credit reports is from when I lived in KS, I now live in TX.   I'm hoping that the CA will accept my offers.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.