Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start?...

tag
AlreadyObssessed
Established Member

Where do I start?...

I recently started my rebuilding journey after a lengthy foreclosure and being unemployed since Feb of 2012. I'm finally working a steady job(career) again and I need to know where to begin when dealing with the derrogatory marks on my credit report. Here's what I'm looking at:

Public Records:

Satisfied Judgement 7/1/2008 $827 (paid in 2009)

Satisfied Judgement 8/1/2008 $1372 (paid in 2009)

Judgement (Midland Funding) 04/01/2012 $1,173(currently in payment arrangement since 11/2014)

Tax Lien 2/1/2010 $2,226

Collections:

SAV-IT Enterprises 11/01/2013 $657 (medical)

ARS Account Resolution  7/1/2009 $505 (medical)

Collection Account 10/01/2009 $30 (medical) I have no idea who this is. There's no agency name listed and its only on TU.

Financial Recoveries 12/1/2011 $100 (medical)

State of MD/CCU 8/01/2013 $4095 (not sure what this is, but I have a feeling that its a result of the foreclosure)

LJ Ross and Associates Collection 5/1/2014 $1255(in dispute, police report filed, fraud and the date reported as opened is even wrong on the fraudulent account)

Bogman Inc Real Estate closed 10/01/2007 account transferred

M&T Bank (mortgage) 10/01/2007 Foreclosure redeemed

I have a total of 2 inquiries on my reports. One is from Capital One and the other from AT&T when we switched back from Verizon this summer.

I opened a secured card through Capital One in Oct '14 for $200. I accepted Victoria's Secret card $350CL, Loft $250Cl, and Express $250CL through the shopping cart trick in Dec 2014. I only accepted those cards because I actually shop at those stores on a regular and the rewards/coupons would be beneficial to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! 

Taking it one day at a time.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I NEED help...

@AlreadyObssessed wrote:

I recently started my rebuilding journey after a lengthy foreclosure and being unemployed since Feb of 2012. I'm finally working a steady job(career) again and I need to know where to begin when dealing with the derrogatory marks on my credit report. Here's what I'm looking at:

Public Records:

Satisfied Judgement 7/1/2008 $827 (paid in 2009) This goes this year can only stay on 7 years from date it was granted, ask for early exclusion starting 6 months out on TU and 3 on the other 2

Satisfied Judgement 8/1/2008 $1372 (paid in 2009) Same as above

Judgement (Midland Funding) 04/01/2012 $1,173(currently in payment arrangement since 11/2014) See if your state allows the filing of motions to vacate on grounds its been paid if so and its granted once it is paid then its gone from your CRs.

Tax Lien 2/1/2010 $2,226 If this is IRS I would make arrangements to pay and file form 12277 for withdrawl of the lien.

Collections:

SAV-IT Enterprises 11/01/2013 $657 (medical) For all the medicals Google search the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for assistance

ARS Account Resolution  7/1/2009 $505 (medical)

Collection Account 10/01/2009 $30 (medical) I have no idea who this is. There's no agency name listed and its only on TU.

Financial Recoveries 12/1/2011 $100 (medical)

State of MD/CCU 8/01/2013 $4095 (not sure what this is, but I have a feeling that its a result of the foreclosure)

LJ Ross and Associates Collection 5/1/2014 $1255(in dispute, police report filed, fraud and the date reported as opened is even wrong on the fraudulent account)

Bogman Inc Real Estate closed 10/01/2007 account transferred If this is a positive it will stay for 10 yrs from date closed, if its a neg its nearly past CRTP ask for early exclusion.

M&T Bank (mortgage) 10/01/2007 Foreclosure redeemed

I have a total of 2 inquiries on my reports. One is from Capital on and the other from AT&T when we switched back from Verizon this summer.

I opened a secured card through Capital One in Oct '14 for $200. I accepted Victoria's Secret card $350CL, Loft $250Cl, and Express $250CL through the shopping cart trick in Dec 2014. I only accepted those cards because I actually shop at those stores on a regular and the rewards/coupons would be beneficial to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!! 

I would move to obtain 2 more bankcards you need 3 at minimum, I would not get any more store cards at this time. I might try to get an unsecured from Cap-1, SDFCU has a good secured card, its a sp to open it if you have the funds in your savings when you call. There is a new secured card out from FNBO the Speedway secured card, this one graduates.

Message 2 of 5
AlreadyObssessed
Established Member

gdale6, thank you so much for your suggestions! Also, for the medical collections, should I attempt a PFD? Still confused about how that works exactly and the best way to go about it. I'll continue reading the forums to get myself well versed on the process.

Taking it one day at a time.
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@AlreadyObssessed wrote:

gdale6, thank you so much for your suggestions! Also, for the medical collections, should I attempt a PFD? Still confused about how that works exactly and the best way to go about it. I'll continue reading the forums to get myself well versed on the process.

You can try the PFD but if you are not going to use the HIPAA Process then I would advise a DV first, I am going to send you to a few great threads on the subject at hand they will help you quite a bit. Some people try this route first before the HIPAA, you can decide which approach would be best for you, the thing you want to be careful about is contacting anyone if they are still inside your states SOL as they can still use the courts to obtain a judgment for the full amount owed. You can figure this out yourself, the clock starts ticking at the DoFD of the account and runs for the period of time set by your state for the type of debt it is.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please share an update on your efforts to remove the medical collections? I am currently trying to remove a collection account with Sav-it Enterprises. I sent a PFD letter and got an itemized statement back from them. I'd really like to get the account removed/deleted from my CR. Any information you can share is greatly appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.