Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do I start?

I know that EQ and TU are FICO, but if I'm not mistaken, I believe I read somewhere that EX doesn't do a true FICO anymore ( the article said they ahve thier own scoring method), so I guess I'm at their mercy, and perhaps it is a FAKO, but I purchased it from EX on their website, and on the front of it it says Experion Credit Report Prepared For: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Report as of 3/19/2012. But it does seem a bit fishy that my EQ and TU are in the 500's and the EX is 641, although I'm from WI and everyone seems to pull from TU around here I've been told.

Message 11 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that EQ and TU are FICO, but if I'm not mistaken, I believe I read somewhere that EX doesn't do a true FICO anymore ( the article said they ahve thier own scoring method), so I guess I'm at their mercy, and perhaps it is a FAKO, but I purchased it from EX on their website, and on the front of it it says Experion Credit Report Prepared For: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Report as of 3/19/2012. But it does seem a bit fishy that my EQ and TU are in the 500's and the EX is 641, although I'm from WI and everyone seems to pull from TU around here I've been told.

Hi there.

Experian sells what is called a "PLUS" score and if you look at the fine print even EX admits that the PLUS scores are not used by any lenders.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,  unfortunately one can only read the fine print after they purchase the report. I found out the hard way. How does a person find out their real score with EX? Or isn't it possible?

Message 13 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks,  unfortunately one can only read the fine print after they purchase the report. I found out the hard way. How does a person find out their real score with EX? Or isn't it possible?

Actually it says this on the first page of the website: Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. That is the only source for EX FICO's that I'm aware of.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.