Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do Med debt questions go?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do Med debt questions go?

I have a Medical collection question and I am not sure where to post? Could a mod please move this if necessary. Thank you.

My original Med debt $907 (original amount) has a collection amount now of $1350 past due as of May 2009. The debt is said to continue on record until Aug 2009. Date opened was 4/03, reported since 4/03, Last reported 5/09.

My question is, should I do anything about this debt or wait till Aug 2009 and see what is reporting then? Will it completly come off my CR or will it change to some other status and stay on my CR for another 7yrs? Should I wait and try to send the pre-HIPPA/HIPPA letters then? 

Any help or guidence would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where do Med debt questions go?

Bump. Help and/or advice please. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
RadioRob
Established Contributor

If it is scheduled to fall off in Aug 09, I would suggest just letting it go. 

It should be gone from your credit report by Sept 09.  It would not have any sort of new "status", but rather be completely removed.

Now...  just for the record, this is only in reference to your credit report.  If whomever owns the debt decides to try to sue you, they could still cause some headaches for you.  It SHOULD be past the statue of limitations (as almost all states have a much shorter time than that), so it should not be a problem.  If they did do so, you would just need to make sure to show up and answer the charge by noting it being past the SOL.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, and I hope when it reaches Sep 09 that it is completly gone from my report.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.