cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you find estmated date of dropp off on CR's?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Where do you find estmated date of dropp off on CR's?

I have access to all 3 CRA's reports and myFICO but dont see anywhere where it says estimated dropoff date?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where do you find estmated date of dropp off on CR's?

@LS2982 wrote:

I have access to all 3 CRA's reports and myFICO but dont see anywhere where it says estimated dropoff date?

Reports from third party sites (including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com (or buy them directly rom the CRA's) Experian and Transunion will have the drop off dates. The Equifax report will show the actual DoFD.

At least that is my experience. Are you saying the full reports you have from the CRA's don't have this information?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Reports from third party sites (including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com (or buy them directly rom the CRA's) Experian and Transunion will have the drop off dates. The Equifax report will show the actual DoFD.

At least that is my experience. Are you saying the full reports you have from the CRA's don't have this information?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I have a printed EQ report in front of me and I dont see that info anywhere.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The problem with estimated, or even actual, CR deletion dates is that those dates are not reported to your credit file.  They are generated internally by the CRAs under their responsibility to comply with FCRA 605(a), and discontinue CR inclusion after those dates.  Some CRAs will provide them in your CR, and some wont.  And even if provided, that does not make them accurate.

You can determine them on your own, provided you have accurate account records.  Seven years from the date of any monthly delinquency, and 7 years plus 180-days from the DOFD on the OC account for any charge-off or collection.

If you dont know the DOFD on an OC account, and you are concerned with the deletion date of a collection or charge-off, the DOFD is a required item of reporting to the CRA.  It must be reported to your credit file under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(5) within 90-days of their charge-off or collection referral.  You can always get the date they reported to the CRA, and thus check its accuracy, by filing a simple letter to the CRA under FCRA 609(a)(1).  That section of statute permits the consumer to request and receive any item of information in your credit file directly from the CRA.  It must be accompanied by the fee set forth in FCRA 612(f), which is currently $10.50. 

State clearly in your 609(a)(1) letter that the date and name of the reporting party that you seek is the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency," as reported to them under FCRA 623(a)(5).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.