Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you get your scores from ?

tag
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Where do you get your scores from ?

So I have scorewatch for my EQ but where does everyone get their scores from for the other two (TU/EX) ? There are so many different FAKOS and then the subscription services. What's the cheapest route you've found. I figure I need to monitor those 2 just as closely but can't afford to pay an arm and a leg. Looking for your advice (keep in mind, I don't have a WM card  or USAA, etc that would give me free monitoring). 

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where do you get your scores from ?

llecs has compiled a list of CMS here.  Hope it helps.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

In my honest opinion, I would not monitor my FICO scores regurarly while rebuilding. I would sign up for a monitoring service that offers all three bureaus and monitor the activity and ignore the scores.

As changes happen to your credit reports you can then decide to purchase your FICO score to see if improved. This does not mean that every little change you go buy a FICO score, it just means after several major improvements you can purchase a FICO score.

Another option would be to compare reports from your free annual credit report and if all the information is identical on all three credit bureaus you can purchase the TU quarterly that MYFICO offers and it will show your progress and issue you a new report every 3 months. The cost for the TU quarterly is only about $50 a year or their abouts. Since all three reports are identical the changes between reports are also usually identical, so you only would need to monitor one credit bureau.

There is a sticky thread on monitoring companies and about the cost of them, you can read about all they have to offer and make a decision.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 9
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

My strategy is that I have the monthly Score Watch from MyFico.com which monitors my Equifax report and score, then I am signed up with CreditKarma.com, which is free and monitors my TransUnion. Experian is the only one that I am not checking regularly, I need to find a free service that pulls info from the Experian report so I can know about anything that pops up, and then I can pay to pull the Experian credit report if needed.

Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Quizzle was at one time free for Experian report, I think they still are....

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 9
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

I have the credit monitoring service on transunion, it monitors all reports for changes but only let's you pull tu, but you can pull daily. They eemail when changes to any report happen 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 6 of 9
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

llecs has compiled a list of CMS here.  Hope it helps.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

Thanks - this thread is awesome. So much info - didn't realize that there were so many monitoring services. I think I'm covered, what do you guys think ? I have myfico for EQ, creditkarma for TU and quizzle for EX. I know the scores are fakos but at least I can see what's being reported.  So I'm covered, right ? 

Each One - Teach One
Message 7 of 9
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I thought USAA was a daily puller?  heres a copy/paste. Is it me or did they now change it to a 30 day puller like many?

Choose from two great ways to monitor your credit

USAA has teamed with ConsumerInfo.com®, an Experian company, to bring you two great ways to help you easily review and manage your credit online. The premium service adds monitoring for all three major credit bureaus.

Features and Benefits CreditCheck Monitoring CreditCheck Monitoring Premium
Daily credit monitoring from the Credit Bureau.ExperianExperian TransUnion® Equifax®
Monthly access to online reports and scores11 Bureau and 1 Score Report every 30 days3 Bureau and 3 Score Reports every 30 days
From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 9
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Yep, looks like they monitor daily but only allow monthly pulls.
Each One - Teach One
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.