cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does CRA go to verify info on medical collection?

tag
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Where does CRA go to verify info on medical collection?

If disputed, isn't the CRA supposed to verify with the OC?

Should I handwrite the HIPPAA letter & send CMRRR?

Still very new to this "clean-up" process.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where does CRA go to verify info on medical collection?

Most of them are updated on tape by the eOscar.  It actually doesn't take much to update.  They merely have to say, yes, it's valid and it's done.  I'm not sure about the HIPPA process, I've never used it myself.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you dispute through a CRA, the ultimate decision on the dispute is not made by the furnisher of the disputed information.  That decision is conferred upon the CRA, who must assemble all relevant information, and then, under their reinvestigation of the information, make the decision.

As part of that reinvestigation, yes, the CRA is required to send a copy of your dispute (sanitized with their e-Oscar process) to the party who reported the disputed information.  That furnisher is then required to conduct their investigation, and report back to the CRA.  The results of the furnisher's investigation are usually the only substantive information that the CRA has to make its determination, so for practical purposes, the furnisher's results usually are rubber-stamped by the CRA.

If your dispute relates to issues other than the specific accuracy of their reporting, such as building a case under the so-called HIPAA process, how much CRA independent determination is exercised depends upon exactly what you are disputing.  If they can verify from their own records, the furnisher response may not be their major factor.

What, exactly, was the basis for your dispute?  Just saying you disputed does not clarify how much verification they need from the OC.

Message 3 of 4
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

The problem is the OC (hospital) has closed and has been sold...twice.

I feel this was an error in insurance filing & would like proof that the debt is owed.

I really am just trying to figure out the best way to get it off my DH report. The CA has made no attempt to collect at all. 

There are two accounts & one is due to fall off 1/2014.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.