Starting Score: 419
Current Score: 449
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 24
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Where else can I see my credit

Some states has their own credit laws. Texas is one of them.

In most states, you must respond with a DV 30 days from the date of their letter. But  in Texas state law is different.

I believe the law is states that you can DV anytime and the CA must respond within 30days or delete.

Just make sure you cite Texas law on your DV.

There is many people here from Texas, maybe one of them will chime in, to make sure I stated it correctly.

Edit to add....I ask a friend from Texas and yes i did state the Texas law correctly.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 22 of 24
pyboathon
Established Member

Can someone please give me an example on what to write for a dv, if I live in Texas, and planning on sending a pfd after it get verified. Also someone said to send them certified, is that true. I have about 12 dv letter to send out, and to certify a letter it would cost me anywhere from $5 to $10 each.

Also let say I send out the dv letter today, and April 1st comes around and I haven't seen anything in return, how do I go about deleting it from my record

Starting Score: 419
Current Score: 449
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@pyboathon wrote:

Can someone please give me an example on what to write for a dv, if I live in Texas, and planning on sending a pfd after it get verified. Also someone said to send them certified, is that true. I have about 12 dv letter to send out, and to certify a letter it would cost me anywhere from $5 to $10 each.

Also let say I send out the dv letter today, and April 1st comes around and I haven't seen anything in return, how do I go about deleting it from my record

Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

In the link above, you'll see a section for "debt validation". Within there, there's a thread with a blue-typed paragraph in the first post. I recommend that (and have been very successful with it). Since you live in Texas, and since TX is the only state that calls for time limits on the DVs, I would include a customized paragraph mentioning the TX statute that deals with the time limit.

I'd send CMRRR. You have to be able to prove when the 30-day clock starts and that goes by their receipt of your letter.

If they don't respond (and by TX law they must), then post back and let us know then. There are letters you can send to a number of sources to put some heat on them like to your SOS or AG or whomever in TX handles or oversees that law. You can write also to the BBB to give them grief, etc.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.