Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where on the myfico CRs are the DOFD

tag
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

Where on the myfico CRs are the DOFD

Hello:

On myfico credit reports, TU & EQ where are the DOFD located on the accounts?

Is it the first month of the lates reporting?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Where on the myfico CRs are the DOFD

On EQ it should say DoFD.  TU has a fall of date.  If it doesn't on these reports and shows a payment history it should be the first late that you had and never became current again.

Message 2 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Has the OC account ever reported a charge-off or has a debt collector ever reported a collection?

If not, you are most likely looking for something that does not exist.

Any OC account has a DOFD the day it first becomes delinquent.  It can change if the account is brough back into good-standing, and a new delinquency then occurs.

However, the only purpose of DOFD in credit reporting is to enable the CRA to calculate the exclusion date of a reported charge-off or collection.

Thus, there is no reporting requirement for DOFD until 90 days after occurence of one of those two reportings.

Using the month of the 30-late as an estimate of DOFD will give you a good estimate, but it is not necessarily the actual DOFD.

A creditor can wait months after actual account delinquency to actually report their first 30-late.  Additionally, a reported 30-late is, by definition, reporting of delinquency that is 30 days or more later than actual DOFD,  Using the reported 30-late is usually a very close approximation, but not the actual DOFD.

Message 3 of 13
ilzhoefer
Frequent Contributor

Well I have a completed short sale (although I have not received the 1099 yet), but it reported late for a year and a half and has now closed, and is reporting 'OK' on the credit reports.

So do I go by the first late or do I wait until I receive the 1099 and then hope they report the correct DOFD on my reports?

Message 4 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the account only reported monthly delinquencies, there would be no requirement to have ever reported a DOFD.

I am unsure of what use the DOFD would be.

You can always file an info request under FCRA 609(a)(1) and see if a DOFD was ever reported.

Message 5 of 13
RSCo
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

On EQ it should say DoFD.  TU has a fall of date.  If it doesn't on these reports and shows a payment history it should be the first late that you had and never became current again.

I have over 35 accounts and none of the 3 CAs or even here on MyFico have ever shown a date a negative item will fall off.. I have one neg from 2006 that I'm waiting to fall off but I can't find any report or here on myfico that tells me the date is will drop..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 6 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They do directly from TU and EX.  EQ has the DoFD.

You have to click on the TL like you are going to dispute it and it brings up a whole new report.  That will have the fall of date.  Just don't really dispute.

Message 7 of 13
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

For some reason the reports I have purchased directly from this site do not show the DOFD. Like Guiness said, I only get it when I purchase straight from Equifax. Reports I have purchased from Experian and Transunion dont show a drop off date. I only see drop off dates on reports from annual credit report. 

Message 8 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you ever tried to dispute one from TU or EX?

And you are right, the ones from ACR do show that.  Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Message 9 of 13
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

The only thing I have ever disputed was being an AU on a strangers acount that was still active.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.