Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Start!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to Start!

Hey guys!

Hit a bad work stretch where medical bills piled up, as well as one Verizon account when I moved back to Dallas and never saw my final bill (my fault still, but man it sucked!)

I have about 15 different creditors from medical bills writing letters, calling, and hassling me.  Of those, 6 have hit my credit report as collections.  I am working now and making a good amount of money. The total of all collections is about $4k, and I have enough money to pay them all in full if need be.

Can you guys please advise me on what you'd recommend I do? I recognize that nothing is fool-proof and these are only suggestions.

Of the 15 accounts, 14 are medical.

Of the 6 collections on my CR, 5 are medical, one is Verizon.

Should I submit a PFD letter to all six to start, then pay off all the other creditors who are writing letters?  I want to remove all these collections if I can.  Only the Verizon one looks to be with the OC, but it's really hard to tell with medical.

I have quite a few lates as well from my credit cards/student loans/etc., but I've brought all those accounts current and am paying on them.  I intend to send goodwill letters to all of my currently reporting creditors who I am current with asking for assitance from a credit perspective.

Please help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to Start!

I guess I posted at the wrong time of night Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

DV the collections.....I'm sure others will chime in Smiley Happy  Welcome to the forum.

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Should I DV before the PFD? All the PFD examples I've seen indicate that my next step would be to DV if they don't accept the PFD.

Message 4 of 6
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

alienfico wrote:

DV the collections.....I'm sure others will chime in Smiley Happy  Welcome to the forum.

Ooooops reading is fundamental.....especially at 11:35 at night.  Wrong info I gave you.  I read the word Collections, but didn't process the 'medical' part.  Try the HIPPA process....google it apparently it works with medical collections.  You wont find it on here.....Hippa is like "valdemort" you can't say much about it, but everyone knows it exists.  Sorry.....

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will definitely do that. The Verizon one I will pursue with a DV, PFD, dispute chain. Is that right?

I've already sent off some goodwill letters to my other creditors. I'm going to keep sending one weekly to all of them over and over. Then hope for traction!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.