cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to begin...? HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: s. I am Re: Where to begin...? HELP!

Hi Tazman,

I have been paying the student loans on time... I have a 30 day late on each that I hope to GW.

I am also working on the emergency fund.

I am just trying to do the right things and also clean up the reports...

Message 11 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

+1 to the above advice.

If you are looking to make an attempt to start rebuilding this quickly IMO it would be best to start off with a secured CC. There are many secured CC's out there, you should just see which one will work for you. Do a search in forum and find many options and opinions on secured CC companies.

Also IMO if you do not belong to a local Credit Union I would start looking into a local one. Since it is local you can walk in and speak to some one and bring your CR's and ask them if they can be of any help to you. They could give you some basic information if you would qualify to join, the possibilities of a un-secured CC or secured CC, etc etc... Credit Unions IMO are the best to deal with while rebuilding. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...does this sound like a better plan?

1)  Make sure all accounts are reporting IIB...

2) Continue making payments ONTIME to student loans - and try to GW the 30day late I have on each account

3) Try to open a secured loan at my credit union... and use the money from the loan to get a secured CC keep at 9%utilization - and pay those on time as well

4) Let time heal - most of the baddies are supposed to drop off in 2015... the others in 2016 and 2017 and the BK7 in 2020

Pray to the credit gods for 720+ scores  LOL

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.