Regular Contributor
Kevin5974

Re: Where to begin? Or am I doing all I can?

Judgments are included in BKs. You wipe everything but federal loans. Those arent dischargable

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
guiness56

tbonecopper

Fortunately AMEX can't garnish, and it's very difficult for the student loan companies to do so as well, due to where I live. 

Federal loans are able to be discharged, but it's very difficult.  

See: http://www.studentloanborrowerassistance.org/bankruptcy/

I suppose I need to find a good BK attorney and figure out how much of my soul I'll have to sell to even do it. Sorry if I seem like I have a negative attitude, but the situation is a bit of a stresser for me, and I've reached the point where I won't pay the student loans, and if they garnished, I'd leave my job. My family is emotionally supportive of the decision, but not happy with it, and by no means could it be a permanent solution. 

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
starry1

Student loans are a b, but they won't kill you. I'm 44 and still have about $2200 left to pay, which will be paid off by the end of this year. Luckily for me they're not on my report, I have no idea why. So yeah, there were many years in between where I could only pay a couple hundred, and some years where I couldn't pay at all, but they ate finally almost done twenty years later.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 7/30/14 TU 611; EQ 650; EX 640
Goal Score:  625 for now– New goal 675

Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / FP $300 (closed) / Fingerhut $1300 / nRewards $2.5k / cashRewards $1.5k / NavChek $2.5k / Amazon $1.7k / Walmart $1k / Von Maur $200 /Firestone $1.2k (last app 10/08/13)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+