Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to begin?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to begin?

Hello!

In about two weeks time I will come into some money and be able to pay off a bunch of unpaid debts on my credit report. 

Firstly, I am intending to pay off all of my revolving credit cards (there's four totally about $1715.49 total).

Second, I have collection accounts and original creditor accounts that are charged off on my credit report as well. The three oldest accounts are from almost five years ago but won't fall off my credit report until 2019-2020. I am trying to improve my scores to be able to buy a house in the next 12-18 months. I am considering calling the original creditors first to see if they'd be willing to settle these accounts in full for a deletion.

These are all the accounts (minus my revolving):

Chase $589

VS $315

Portfolio Recovery (creditor is Capital One) $600

Verizon (currently in there in house collections) $663

Diversified Consultants (originally Sprint)  $1029

Ability Recovery (originally Ashworth College) $1101

Kay Jewelers (I paid this creditor directly in full after C/O, I'm wondering if a PFD letter may work since it's been paid off for over two years?)

I am not sure where to start, but I'd like to at best get these paid off and updated as such. Even bigger plus if they are willing to delete them from my credit profile.

Right now I'm sitting at a 488 credit score. Minimally, I think I need a 580 with all debts paid...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Where to begin?

You should start with Kay Jewelers, since it is paid you need to do a GW not a PDF. With the other collections you need to do PDF's, when you pay a collection the only benefit will be to having it removed. What state do you live in, the rules for SOL are different for each state so that would help to know.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to begin?

I live in Washington as of May 2015.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.