Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find DOLA

tag
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

Where to find DOLA

I live in Texas so the SOL is 4 years.  Where can I find my DOLA?  I don't see it listed on my CR, all I see is date the account was opened, which is almost four years ago.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to find DOLA

Collection on debt to: 06 Progressive Insurance Company

The collection agency "Collection" was hired to collect a debt of $351 originally owed to "06 Progressive Insurance Company" on account number "XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?] Collection
Original balance [?] $351
Current balance [?] $351
Status [?] Not Reported
Date assigned [?] Apr 05, 2005
Date reported [?] Jun 01, 2008
Date last active [?] Not Reported
Date paid [?] Not Reported
Date closed [?] Not Reported
Original lender [?] 06 Progressive Insurance Company
Account number [?] XXXXXXXX
Type of account [?] Not Reported
Account holder [?] Individual
Type of credit [?] Not Reported
Payment status [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Amount past due [?] Not Reported
Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

With that much information not being reported what should I do? BTW, this isn't the account I was referring to in my original post.  I found the DOLA for that account so I still have about a year before the SOL.

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Try pulling your original reports directly from the CRA and you'll find more info including CA contact info and more dates.
Message 3 of 5
Erica1
Regular Contributor

I've actually been having this problem as well.  So far I've gotten my TransUnion and Experian reports and am having trouble deciphering the DOLA.  I don't want to be wrong and make contact with the CA's.
On the TransUnion report the only dates are:
Date Updated, Date Placed for Collection, Date to be Removed
On Experian, the dates are:
Date Opened, Reported Since, Date of Status and, on most, the date it will come off is listed in Status Details.
I was thinking take the Date to be Removed, go back 7 years, then up 5 (my SOL).  Am I making this more difficult than it really is?
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't worry too much about DOLA. On those TU and EX reports, if it is a CA or a non-CC baddie, you will find a drop off date. Take that date and subtract 7 yrs and you will find DOFD. DOLA, per SOL purposes, is usually right after that date by a couple months. If it pertains to a doctor's visit or a solitary event like a returned check, then DOFD is the DOLA. However, if you paid on the debt, then SOL could have been reset. You'd have to trust the report date or go back in your own record to see when you last paid on the debt.

In short, do as you suggested - roll back the date.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.