Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here? Credit Limits

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Where to go from here? Credit Limits

Hi all I just want to list my credit limits and get some advice from you as to strategy.  I have fixed a lot of my credit I am EQ around 650.  I have the following cards:

PNC Secured Visa Opened 4/13 $400 CL

CapOne Secured MC Opened 3/13 $200 CL

CreditOne Unsecured Opened 11/13 $400 CL

Barclays MC Opened 10/13 $500 CL

Express Card Opened 2008 $330 CL never late

I also have a ton of loans in perfect standing.

I have the PNC and CapOne secured and posted in a previous thread that I am trying to hit on a NFCU unsecured card with a decent limit.  I know these accounts need age, my AVG age of account is almost 5 years, though ( and I am 25)..

If I get a decent CL should I close out the PNC and/or CapOne secured, or should I add $ to them for a CLI?

Thanks!

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Where to go from here? Credit Limits

@tfkallday wrote:

Hi all I just want to list my credit limits and get some advice from you as to strategy.  I have fixed a lot of my credit I am EQ around 650.  I have the following cards:

PNC Secured Visa Opened 4/13 $400 CL

CapOne Secured MC Opened 3/13 $200 CL

CreditOne Unsecured Opened 11/13 $400 CL

Barclays MC Opened 10/13 $500 CL

Express Card Opened 2008 $330 CL never late

I also have a ton of loans in perfect standing.

I have the PNC and CapOne secured and posted in a previous thread that I am trying to hit on a NFCU unsecured card with a decent limit.  I know these accounts need age, my AVG age of account is almost 5 years, though ( and I am 25)..

If I get a decent CL should I close out the PNC and/or CapOne secured, or should I add $ to them for a CLI?

Thanks!

I am not a cc pro; maybe you should post this in the cc thread for better results? First, I am pretty sure they will all tell you to close that Credit One as soon as you can. Depending on the outcome with NFCU you might want to decide about the secured cards after you hear from NFCU. On the other hand, they are both almost a year old now, so maybe you can get them converted to unsecured with a little higher limits if they see the limit from NFCU???

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.