Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here? .... Credit Repair Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to go from here? .... Credit Repair Advice

*Sorry for the long post.

First, I would like to give everyone on this board a huge thank you. I’ve been lurking around for a few months  and I’ve learned a lot. I didn’t really start paying attention to my credit until the beginning of this year. I feel like I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do next, credit wise.

Background:

My Fico scores my creditchecktotal:
TU: 629
EX:622
EQ:622

I have few baddies on my report that I’m working to get rid of. I have 16 late payments from 3 years ago. Its from a local “buy here pay here” place that reports to the CB. The loan was in my mom’s name and she added me on to help build credit history, but things got rough for my parents in the end of 2011-2012. So I’m not sure if they are still hurting my score. I’m sending goodwill letters to the company every two weeks hoping they will remove them. The loan was payed off early in 2014. I’ve payed everything else on time since 2012.

I have one closed collections on TU. It was paid to a $0 balance in March of 2014. It’s also on EQ as open but I’ve emailed and snail mailed goodwill letters to have it removed. They told me via email they couldn’t remove the collection but they would report it to all 3 CBs as closed with a $0 balance. That was 28 days ago.

On EQ, there is another collection besides the AFNI one, that reported today. Two weeks ago I sent a DV letter asking them to validate the debt. I hadn’t heard anything from the until I saw they reported it to EQ. But in the remarks it says “consumer disputes this account information.” Which has me confused because my FAKO score from CK went up two points instead of dropping.

On EX, there is one open and closed collection. The closed one is for an apartment back when I was in college and my roommate moved out on me without notice a month before our lease was up. So once it reported to both of our CR, we settled and each paid half in March of 2013. I’ve sent goodwill letters to the CA but I’m waiting to hear back. But the open CO is for an apartment that I had when I stayed in AZ and I had to move back home to SC because my situation changed. The balance is $7,705. I never received any thing for this so I sent the CA a DV letter also. I’m willing to pay this as soon as I get more information.

Now on all three CB there is two Verizon accounts reporting as open revolving accounts that are also reporting late every month. I sent a DV letter also but I still haven’t heard anything. I disputed the account with all three CB because of the way the accounts are reporting and I was under the impression that CO can’t report lates every month. Equifax alerted me with “Consumer disputes-reinvestigation in progress”.

My goal right now is to get my utilization down (38% overall), pay and get rid of these baddies. I know repairing takes time. So I’m being patient.

Also the statute of limitation for SC when I looked it up says three years. I don’t know if that is correct. Because a few of the CO would be falling off in another year or should have already fell off. I asked also because I’m trying to help my father repair his credit and he has two repos from 2004 still reporting and a collection from 2007. How would I go about these being removed?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where to go from here? .... Credit Repair Advice

ttt

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to go from here? .... Credit Repair Advice

@Anonymous wrote:

*Sorry for the long post.

First, I would like to give everyone on this board a huge thank you. I’ve been lurking around for a few months  and I’ve learned a lot. I didn’t really start paying attention to my credit until the beginning of this year. I feel like I’m stuck and I don’t know what to do next, credit wise.

Background:

My Fico scores my creditchecktotal:
TU: 629
EX:622
EQ:622

I have few baddies on my report that I’m working to get rid of. I have 16 late payments from 3 years ago. Its from a local “buy here pay here” place that reports to the CB. The loan was in my mom’s name and she added me on to help build credit history, but things got rough for my parents in the end of 2011-2012. So I’m not sure if they are still hurting my score. I’m sending goodwill letters to the company every two weeks hoping they will remove them. The loan was payed off early in 2014. I’ve payed everything else on time since 2012.

I have one closed collections on TU. It was paid to a $0 balance in March of 2014. It’s also on EQ as open but I’ve emailed and snail mailed goodwill letters to have it removed. They told me via email they couldn’t remove the collection but they would report it to all 3 CBs as closed with a $0 balance. That was 28 days ago.

On EQ, there is another collection besides the AFNI one, that reported today. Two weeks ago I sent a DV letter asking them to validate the debt. I hadn’t heard anything from the until I saw they reported it to EQ. But in the remarks it says “consumer disputes this account information.” Which has me confused because my FAKO score from CK went up two points instead of dropping. Was your DV sent within 30 days of receiving an initial dunning notice? What was the text of your DV?

On EX, there is one open and closed collection. The closed one is for an apartment back when I was in college and my roommate moved out on me without notice a month before our lease was up. So once it reported to both of our CR, we settled and each paid half in March of 2013. I’ve sent goodwill letters to the CA but I’m waiting to hear back. But the open CO is for an apartment that I had when I stayed in AZ and I had to move back home to SC because my situation changed. The balance is $7,705. I never received any thing for this so I sent the CA a DV letter also. I’m willing to pay this as soon as I get more information.

Now on all three CB there is two Verizon accounts reporting as open revolving accounts that are also reporting late every month. I sent a DV letter also but I still haven’t heard anything. I disputed the account with all three CB because of the way the accounts are reporting and I was under the impression that CO can’t report lates every month. Equifax alerted me with “Consumer disputes-reinvestigation in progress”. DV's do not apply to OC accounts. OC can certainly report lates until the account is paid, regardless of any CO status. Only collectors are not supposed to report lates.

My goal right now is to get my utilization down (38% overall), pay and get rid of these baddies. I know repairing takes time. So I’m being patient.

Also the statute of limitation for SC when I looked it up says three years. I don’t know if that is correct. Because a few of the CO would be falling off in another year or should have already fell off. I asked also because I’m trying to help my father repair his credit and he has two repos from 2004 still reporting and a collection from 2007. How would I go about these being removed? SOL applies to court actions by the creditor, it does not apply to reporting.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank You.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.