cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here????

tag
cpereyra1

Where to go from here????

Current scenario - Up untill about June of this year I had a pretty ugly credit score.  Several Collections, pasted due accounts, baddies, etc on my credit report.  In early July I decided to pull my EQ fico and found out I had a 625 score which was not as bad as I thought in my book, so I decided to apply for a credit card.  I was able to get the capital one rewards with a $500 limit.  After that I was able to apply for a car loan around 18k also from capital one at about 13.4 interest.  From there I had an interview at a place I really wanted to work at.  They ran a credit report and requested a show proof of paying off a $2500 apartment debt, $125 insurance debt, $785 cell phone debt.  I was able to pay the apartment debt and insurance debt, and was able to get the cell phone debt removed because of an incorrect social on the file.  All my credit reports now look pretty clean no baddies, collections, negatives, etc.  I had to open a dispute with EX because the cellphone debt was not dropping, tomorrow is the 30 day so hopefully it will drop then.  So at the time being I have the following Fako's EX - 650, EQ - 670, TU - 678.  The EX should jump up after the cellphone debt drops.  I have about 12 student loans open in good condition which will be consolitated in the next few weeks, Car loan, Capital one Credit card, and 8-9 inquiries EQ, about 6 EX, and 3-4 TU.

I will be applying for an apartment rental within the next week.  The same day I plan to apply (from my research, I found the following cards) for a Discover more credit card, and Delta credit Union Credit card.  This will bump up my CCs to 3, which I was told on the forum would help increase my credit.  I also wanted to refinance my car with The credit union in order to get a better rate since when I got the car my credit score was much lower.

I wanted to see if you guys could guide me in the correct direction of doing this,  which should I do first, are these my credit card options, should I wait to refinance my car until my credit score recovers from the inquiries, etc.  Basically I wanted to see if I could be pointed in the right direction. In the direction that would ultimately help me increase my score.

Thank you everyone who supports this forumn.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to go from here????

Before you switch the auto to a credit union, I would check with Capital One to see if they will lower your interest. It is more favorable to keep the same account rather than to close it and open a new one. Older accounts give points. As for the cc's, use the score estimator to see whether or not they will help. Our banker told us to add a card, but all of the calculators I used say adding a card would cost me about 10 points, so I held off. Good luck. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.