Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to go from here?

OP go apply for the platinum and right after approval apply for QS1. Also don't trust the score on credit karma. On credit karma my score is 540. On myfico my score is 650-690 and yet I can't get approve for any card now cause got too many too recent. I started rebuild 10 months ago. Started at a 450 and gained over 200 Pts in 10 months. Currently have

capital one secured SL 200 now 500 (first card since rebuild) balance 0

capital one platinum SL 500 now 2000 ( 3 months old) balance 0

capital one QS1 SL now 3000 (3 months old) balance 0

chase freedom SL 2500 ( 6 weeks old) balance 0

barclay cash forward SL 1000 ( 6 weeks old) balance 87

credit one SL 1500 (3 months old) balance 0

victoria secret (4 months I think hardly use) balance 0

fingerhut (5 months I think never use) balance 0

kay (5 months I think never use) balance 0

care credit SL 1500 (2 weeks charged almost 500 on it already for vet bill)

A car loan through capital one auto financing for 19400 at 13.56% for 447 a month

Refinanced with open road lending at 7.85% new monthly payment 390

so keep it up you can work score up. Get more revolving credit it's good. Just don't max it all out. Personally think it's actually better for score wise if it's maxed out and show on report and it gets all paid and following month it report 0. Think that make score goes up higher

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP go apply for the platinum and right after approval apply for QS1. Also don't trust the score on credit karma. On credit karma my score is 540. On myfico my score is 650-690 and yet I can't get approve for any card now cause got too many too recent. I started rebuild 10 months ago. Started at a 450 and gained over 200 Pts in 10 months. Currently have

A car loan through capital one auto financing for 19400 at 13.56% for 447 a month

YAY! Those are the stories I like to hear. I started 10mnths ago and last week had truly jumped a full 200 pts until that loan closed and I lost about 70pts overnight. That's watching CK though. I just really didn't want to start a monthly bill for credit reporting if I could get around it.

I'm torn between the MyFICO and CreditCheck Total if I must pay to get the real deal.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YAY! Those are the stories I like to hear. I started 10mnths ago and last week had truly jumped a full 200 pts until that loan closed and I lost about 70pts overnight. That's watching CK though. I just really didn't want to start a monthly bill for credit reporting if I could get around it.

I'm torn between the MyFICO and CreditCheck Total if I must pay to get the real deal.

Credit check total is 1 for 7 days but only experian of want all 3 score it's 40 a month and if call and cancel they will offer to you for 20 a month. Check total you can actually see the good and bad on each report

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! All I can say is WOW!

In the past 10 minutes I was approved for the Cap1 Platinum and QuickSilverOne Rewards cards for $500 each (they aren't huge CL's but I didn't think I would get 1 let alone both)... That means that today I have increased my available credit by $1600 (including the $600 from Fingerhut this morning). That will go a long way toward improving my UTI and also my mix of credit.

I know that I took 3 HP's but they were all TU where I was clean and once they hit as new accounts everything should get better.

I owe all that to myFICO and all of you wonderful people who are here watching and guiding others along the way. I will endeavor to do the same as my scores improve and stick around the boards to give my 2cents worth although most of you know your way around this stuff way better than I do.

When I started reading this forum yesterday I didn't even know what the UTI was and now I've improved mine that quick.

Y'all are the best!

Oops, let me change something. Cap1 didn't ding me but once for the HP. I guess since I did them back to back there was no need AND the second approval seemed to be quicker. Not needing a second pull must have spead that process up.

I am interested in looking at some of the Synchrony list of cards since it looks like they my be somewhat liberal on their CLI's. What companies use them for their cards?

One more edit - I bit the bullet and got the CCT (Credit Check Total) $1 - 7day CR and to my dismay I am WAY, WAY lower than I thought I was. Im in shock over the numbers I got and even more so because Cap1 gave me both cards wtih $500 limits (and 1 is a Rewards Card)

so these will be my starting numbers

1/9/2016 - EX 585 TU 606 EQ 574

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! Give it six months. Your CLI's are coming in the next few months. You'll be up to 2-3k for each card if you research this forum within six months. Then you'll be getting some of the more interesting cards and start canceling your secure cards. I'm right on the last phase of that sequence. Good times are a coming!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In the past 10 minutes I was approved for the Cap1 Platinum and QuickSilverOne Rewards cards for $500 each (they aren't huge CL's but I didn't think I would get 1 let alone both)... That means that today I have increased my available credit by $1600 (including the $600 from Fingerhut this morning). That will go a long way toward improving my UTI and also my mix of credit.

I know that I took 3 HP's but they were all TU where I was clean and once they hit as new accounts everything should get better.

I owe all that to myFICO and all of you wonderful people who are here watching and guiding others along the way. I will endeavor to do the same as my scores improve and stick around the boards to give my 2cents worth although most of you know your way around this stuff way better than I do.

When I started reading this forum yesterday I didn't even know what the UTI was and now I've improved mine that quick.

Y'all are the best!

Oops, let me change something. Cap1 didn't ding me but once for the HP. I guess since I did them back to back there was no need AND the second approval seemed to be quicker. Not needing a second pull must have spead that process up.

I am interested in looking at some of the Synchrony list of cards since it looks like they my be somewhat liberal on their CLI's. What companies use them for their cards?

One more edit - I bit the bullet and got the CCT (Credit Check Total) $1 - 7day CR and to my dismay I am WAY, WAY lower than I thought I was. Im in shock over the numbers I got and even more so because Cap1 gave me both cards wtih $500 limits (and 1 is a Rewards Card)

You can get the Platinum card upgraded to rewards status (QS) after two statements. After the second statemnt on each onee, start requesting CLI's (Make sure you use the cards a lot and pay them in full each month) using the link on the website. After the fifth statement you will get automatic inreases on each one. Ask for CLI's again at the twelve month mark. At this point I would combine them (there is a link for that too), keeping the upgraded Platinum and closing the QS1. At this point, if your scores are good enough, you may qualify for the Venture or Quicksilver.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Y'all are the best!

You can get the Platinum card upgraded to rewards status (QS) after two statements. After the second statemnt on each onee, start requesting CLI's (Make sure you use the cards a lot and pay them in full each month) using the link on the website. After the fifth statement you will get automatic inreases on each one. Ask for CLI's again at the twelve month mark. At this point I would combine them (there is a link for that too), keeping the upgraded Platinum and closing the QS1. At this point, if your scores are good enough, you may qualify for the Venture or Quicksilver.

That's true I ran a lot through my capital one platinum and QS1. SL was 500 each I got an increase after 1st statement cut to 3000 for qs1 and 2000 for platinum. I still have my secured card still at 500 and I think it's going to stay at 500

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.