Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to go from here

I've been on a long journey of trying to clean up my previous credit problems and feel I've come a long way in a short period of time but still have lots more to do. 

My latest CCT scores are 595 Experian, 600 Transunion, and 591 Equifax

I do have some baddies on my account that I've tried to work with but haven't gotten very far as the agencies in question don't seem willing to help me out. Here are my current good accounts.

Open Sky - Right now it has a high balance that needs paid (Card is in the sock drawer).

Captial One - I'm an autorized user on my GF's card as they would not approve me. $204 of $500 balance

Mid Atlantic Finance - Literally just closed this account as it's been paid in full due to trading car in. Was originally a $6000 loan and had it down to $827 before paying.

Fingerhut - $251 balance out of $450 (Used it to buy some Christmas stuff, going to be paying it off as well).

Should have a new Auto loan reporting soon with a balance of $10,878

Right now I still can't get approved for any secured cards. I have a very old car loan that's killing me with a balance of $7k, I have no way of paying it off and I guess I'm just waiting for it to drop, which should be in 2022 sadly.

Where should I go from here?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Where to go from here

With the posted scores, there are likely numerous major derogs being reported under your payment history category of scoring.

Payment history represents the highest weighted scoring category.

Balances remaining on your revolving are important, but payment history derogs, if present, usually have a higher scoring impact.

Can you list your payment history derogs?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 medical bills that insurance was supposed to cover but never did. One for $1500 and one for $500. I've disputed both to no avail. Mind you, I never recieved bills for either one, and one late, closed account with First Premier.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 medical bills that insurance was supposed to cover but never did. One for $1500 and one for $500. I've disputed both to no avail. Mind you, I never recieved bills for either one, and one late, closed account with First Premier.

Google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been on a long journey of trying to clean up my previous credit problems and feel I've come a long way in a short period of time but still have lots more to do. 

My latest CCT scores are 595 Experian, 600 Transunion, and 591 Equifax

I do have some baddies on my account that I've tried to work with but haven't gotten very far as the agencies in question don't seem willing to help me out. Here are my current good accounts.

Open Sky - Right now it has a high balance that needs paid (Card is in the sock drawer).

Captial One - I'm an autorized user on my GF's card as they would not approve me. $204 of $500 balance

Mid Atlantic Finance - Literally just closed this account as it's been paid in full due to trading car in. Was originally a $6000 loan and had it down to $827 before paying.

Fingerhut - $251 balance out of $450 (Used it to buy some Christmas stuff, going to be paying it off as well).

Should have a new Auto loan reporting soon with a balance of $10,878

Right now I still can't get approved for any secured cards. I have a very old car loan that's killing me with a balance of $7k, I have no way of paying it off and I guess I'm just waiting for it to drop, which should be in 2022 sadly.

Where should I go from here?

Get your balances down first. Then open an account at SDFCU and app for a secured card with them. Wait about 90 days for everything to shake out, then app for Cap One unsecured.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm working on my balances once the Holidays have passed.

How bad are my derogatory remarks hurting me do you think or are my balances more important at this point?

Thanks
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I'm working on my balances once the Holidays have passed.

How bad are my derogatory remarks hurting me do you think or are my balances more important at this point?

Thanks

The derogs are hurting you most likely as much as the balances in the CCs relative to their CLs. You want to get them paid off and let 1 open CC report no more than 9% of its CL to help max your Fico. For those medicals

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.