Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to go from here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to go from here?

Until 7 months ago I had not used my credit for 15 years(bought my first car, with a co signer). 

I wrecked it and apparently it was my fault. Now I need a new car and I had no(n/a) credit score.

I opened a secured credit card from cap1 with a $100 deposit and $250 CL. At the same time

I took out a Selflender 'loan' for $550 or what ever it is. 

After 6 months of using the card and paying it off in full before it reported; while also paying 

the other 'loan' on time, got a score around 620. The next month Cap1 ACLI to $550, score 

jumped to ~690 on CK. I did apply for a amex bce in june and was declined, if only I knew. 

A few days ago I applied for the amex bce again and got a 1k limit. Right not myfico says

693-711. That score is before the new CC, CK said it would raise the score like 25 points

but myFico says it will drop 5 points.

Whats the deal with the discrepancy?

Also what should I do with the selflender acct? Pay it off. Pay it off and open a new one.

Ride it out and open a new one. Ride it out and throw the duces. 

Again, my history at this point is only 7 months. 

Thank yall 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to go from here?

The difference is that CK isn't a true FICO score. You can ignore that. Your score will drop due to a new inquiry and a new account being added. But in a few months it will rebound and should be higher than it is now. Just keep paying off the other loan as you as. No need to get another one. Right now you can apply for another card, perhaps from Discover, before the Amex reports to your credit reports. This will again bring your score down a bit in the short term. However in the long term your scores will rebound and again be higher than they are now. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where to go from here?

A couple days after I was approved for the AMEX BCE I applied for the USBank cash+ and was approved(not instantly). The letter I got said a $500 limit but online was showing dashes where the limit should show. I called support and they said there was no limit but over $500 must be paid plus the minimum due. Whats with that? MyFico is now showing the limit as $500. 

A few days after that I applied for the Cap1 QS, Discover It Cashback Match and the BoA Cash Rewards. CK showed fair odds for the QS(instant denial) so I applied for the QSO same thing. The Discover was mailed to me with a pre approval, it was denied with an agent on the phone using the code I was sent. The BoA was an online preapproval and was also an instant denial. 

I am so confused now. On the notice Discover sent me it said my high balance on a loan was a contributing factor. I have since paid the selflender loan down to 9%, as suggested by the SSL thread with Alliant. 

At this point I have about 8 months of history. Cap1 Secured 550 CL. BCE 1000 CL and USBank 500 CL. Also the loan with a balance of like $48. BCE and the new loan balance are not yet on my report. I dont really need high limits right now, I just want more cards so that when I add cards later my AAoA doesnt drop. I do need a car loan in say 6 months though.

Thoughts suggestions? Thanks for the help!

-Matt

EQ 700 TU 711 EX 702

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.