Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to send inquries dispute

tag
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Where to send inquries dispute

I have learned on the forum that it's  better to direct the dipute letters directly to creditors who placed inquiries on CR than the CRA. I drafted couple of disputer letters but not sure which department of creditors to send? Can anyone advise? ThxSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to send inquries dispute

Anyone can help with this

Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm going to leave this here for about five minutes so that you'll see my reply, and then I'm moving it to a forum where you'll get more replies.

Once it's moved, look for your thread title, and you can then click on the link.

If you can't find the thread title, click on your own name, and you can see your posts. If one ever goes "missing", you can find it that way.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

OK. Thanks. which forum is the right place to ask the question

Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Here you are, on Rebuilding Your Credit. Hope you'll get the advice you're looking for here. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
Guava
Established Contributor

I dont know about other creditors, but I once sent a letter to GEMB asking about an inquiry I have from GAP, which I remembered for sure that I didn't app for anything. I just used the address on my report, nothing specific, and got a reply from them, but in the end, the inquiry stayed.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

OK. Thanks. Just want to give a try. If it works, it works. If not, doesn't cost more than a postageSmiley Happy

It's interesting  lots of postings talking about the benefits of contacting the creditors directly,

but none of them talk about which department to contactSmiley Happy 

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Disputes pertaining to credit inquires are specifically exempted from consideration under the new direct dispute process.

See the implementing rules at 16 CFR 660.4(b)(iii).

Disputes relating to credit inquires can only be made through the CRA dispute process.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.